Tron Legacy: the Other Props

The ASCII print of the grid map would be cool, which was also featured in the movie.
img_2615.jpg

BTW: If you play the ARG, you'll see that the postcards "Arc Wars" and "Space Paranoids" are also used as props!

What about that Encom mug on the desk?, that'd be pretty neat

If this is the thread to name some more possible props, here's a few I noticed after seeing the movie again:

- Clu's light up stress relief meditation balls (during the games)
- Castor/Zuse sector map (that Quorra gave Sam)
- The glass/drink Clu gave to Castor, with the glass umbrella
- The metal apples on Kevin's table (prompts Clu to reflect on his creation)
- Light bike batons (accurate ones, other characters/colors)

I think that's it :lol

I completely forgot about those. I remember now thinking he was maybe controlling Rinzler/you know who with those. But then it never panned out.

It was my understanding that the balls controlled the game, at least the gravity. When CLU switched direction, the gravity reversed.

I completely forgot about those. I remember now thinking he was maybe controlling Rinzler/you know who with those. But then it never panned out.

The setup for those panned out in the same scene ... they caused the gaming platform to flip upside down.
EDIT: synasp beat me to it.

I wouldn't mind the sector to the End of Lind club that Quorra gives to Sam. The coaster given out at SDCC 2010 is a good start, but the center is cutout, unlike the sector from the movie.

4820709475_9bca6f244e.jpg

Yeah I've seen the coaster around the web, although it's pretty close, there's quite a few difference. Also I felt the sector in the film isn't paper?? Not sure though.

BTW, who would want a coaster with a hole in it anyway? :lol

I've been wanting to make the coaster for a while. I saw the coaster and was excited to have such great reference, but after seeing the movie again, I realized it was quite different.
And if I remember correctly, it was some kind of ceramic or glass, cause i think it's laid on a hard surface and makes that kind of noise.

The sector is made of a hard material (it sounded like glass to me), but thin enough to fit between the pages of her Jules Verne book. Also, the center of the sector has some detail (that looked animated?).

The coaster for SDCC has some the lettering on the edges used for the ARG that aren't present on the sector in the movie. It might also be smaller than the sector in the movie.

Also, the sector was all CG. In one of the Tron featurettes, they showed the filming of the scene where Quorra gives the sector to Sam and all it is is a blank piece of white material. They added the sector later.

Exactly!! I thought I heard the glass noise as well but that wasn't very clear in the "release" version I found. But my wife insist that it looks a bit warped in the book, making her feel it's made of paper.

And I actually thought it was glowing, so a CG sector makes sense, as lighting such a thin prop would be quite difficult.

There's reasonable support for the glass sound being FX. Given this, I wouldn't base the sector material on this sound effect.

This can be custom cut and screen printed in paper, plastic, or metal, of which I'd defer to cost/benefit. The real issue is getting a clear screen cap of the sector and a size reference. I'll just need to meet Olivia Wilde in person to measure her hand... you know, for art.

The sound is of course added afterwards, but that means they WANT it to be glass like.

Anyway I've got some caps from featurette now, and it looks like the sector was made of the same illuminate stuff on the suit, and they CG the graphics on it later. You can also see the battery pack on the back.

sector%2002.jpg

OK, so i drew a couple drawings of Clu's gravity control balls (I guess they can be called that) based on my memory. I remember paying close attention to these, and they are pretty basic. I might try and make these, since they are just 2 black balls, cut in half with a light up center, and no refrence pics are necessary (unlike the sector)

View attachment 41564

View attachment 41565

I'm pretty certain, the balls weren't just cut in half with an 1/8th inch circle inserted, I believe they removed that 1/8 inch and inserted the orange circle (basically, they were perfectly spherical)

I'm pretty certain, the balls weren't just cut in half with an 1/8th inch circle inserted, I believe they removed that 1/8 inch and inserted the orange circle (basically, they were perfectly spherical)

Yeah, I agree with you, I couldn't find a simply way of putting it, thanks :lol

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back