Blade Runner script...Authentic?

nicklambo

I managed to get hold of a Blade Runner script....Ending with a monologue by Deckard stating " We were the new people....Roy me and Rachael !" etc etc with the car being pursued by Gaff in a spinner...
Does anyone know the authenticity of the script..or know how I may be able to tell?

I have a Draft dated: December 22, 1980.

The ending has Deckard pulling the car over and Rachael throwing snowballs at him, and him thinking...

"I wondered if I had really loved her. I wondered which of my memories were real and which belonged to someone else. The Great Tyrell hadn't designed me, but whoever had, hadn't done so much better. 'You're programmed too' she told me and she was right. In my own modest way, I was a combat model. Roy Batty was my late brother."

FADE OUT

I have the original first draft by Hampton Fancher, it's been years since I read it, but I remember the ending being something about Roy killing Tyrells family at an event? like I said years ago i read it, have it around somewhere here. Anyway, who wrote your draft? That's usually a telling sign as to if it's real or fake.

From a draft by Fancher/Peoples, February 23, 1981:

EXT. WOODS - DAY 139

Deckard's car bullets through the woods in a fury of
speed and MUSIC.

We BACK OFF IT AND UP, PAST whizzing branches, OVER
the treetops, losing the car as we SOAR over what is
suddenly a vast forest spreading to infinity.

Enormous MUSIC!

Deckard's voice over.

DECKARD (V.O.)
I knew it on the roof that night.
We were brothers, Roy Batty and I!
Combat models of the highest order.
We had fought in wars not yet
dreamed of... in vast nightmares
still unnamed. We were the new
people... Roy and me and Rachael!
We were made for this world. It
was ours!

Trees explodes PAST US in a rage of branches as we DIP
and SWERVE and that's when the spinner looms INTO VIEW
zooming RIGHT AT US, then tilting and yawing off in
hot pursuit with Gaff at the controls.

CREDITS ARE ROLLING, God help us all!

FADE OUT.

Sounds like you have the February 23rd 1981 version. I have 4 different versions not including the one that came with the 2000 special edition box set, which I believe is the same one you have. At least it ends the same way. All of mine are copies of original scripts, but not screen/production used. There are a ton of photocopies of photocopies of these around.

The best way to tell is usually the type and age of the paper, whether it has secondary notes written in it, and how it is bound. Remember that many of these are actually made by companies that produce copies of the scripts for the production, and they may continue to make copies for "Research purposes" long after production wraps. So they are virtually identical to the production used ones on the same paper. Different color inserts and mismatched papers are actually a good sign of authenticity. So is obvious signs of natural usage. Not just the usual coffee stains and stuff (which are a common fake), but edge wear and discoloration, notes in pen especially if the pens color looks bleeding and like a cheap pen. Even though I do think they had highlighters back then, the color on them would have turned brownish orange. Uneven wear that perhaps focuses on a particular part of the script (i.e. a character or scene). Wear and tear around the binding, which is usually 3 hole, but often just put together with folding prong style paper fasteners, and some were velobound.

Can you take some pictures of it and any of the unique things that would help identify it?

Andy

So what all is there out there.

Mine is as stated 12/22/80.

It has the Tyrell is replicant that Sebastion created after accidentally killing the frozen real Tyrell.

Hm. I think I have a script of this somewhere in the garage. Not going to look, though, it's friggin' cold and it'll probably end up being a photocopy anyways. :lol

I'd love to read the others.

I have two copies of the one I have, would gladly trade for a copy of another.

MIne are all just copies, I am sure, as they are just stacks of paper, no binding.

I made a promise that I would not make copies of the DD script, it was from an original script print house copy. The others are available online.

You got one of the other ones that I only see vintage copies of. One of the copies I have is identical to one screenused.com had on their site for a couple grand. Likely both are screen printhouse copies, and mine is locked away, sealed and buried in my storage locker like King Tut :D

here is the screenused.com one...

http://www.screenused.com/images/bladerunner/BRscript1.jpg
http://www.screenused.com/images/bladerunner/BRscript2.jpg
http://www.screenused.com/images/bladerunner/BRscript3.jpg

I have another copy of the same script and it is vintage as well, but likely not production used.

Andy

From a draft by Fancher/Peoples, February 23, 1981:

EXT. WOODS - DAY 139

Deckard's car bullets through the woods in a fury of
speed and MUSIC.

We BACK OFF IT AND UP, PAST whizzing branches, OVER
the treetops, losing the car as we SOAR over what is
suddenly a vast forest spreading to infinity.

Enormous MUSIC!

Deckard's voice over.

DECKARD (V.O.)
I knew it on the roof that night.
We were brothers, Roy Batty and I!
Combat models of the highest order.
We had fought in wars not yet
dreamed of... in vast nightmares
still unnamed. We were the new
people... Roy and me and Rachael!
We were made for this world. It
was ours!

Trees explodes PAST US in a rage of branches as we DIP
and SWERVE and that's when the spinner looms INTO VIEW
zooming RIGHT AT US, then tilting and yawing off in
hot pursuit with Gaff at the controls.

CREDITS ARE ROLLING, God help us all!

FADE OUT.
Thanks...That's the one...I know what I have is a copy...It was just the story/details I was looking at...But it is great to see some of the other scripts too!!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back