Sideshow 1:1 Yoda bust!

BobFett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
cc06-sideshow_053.jpg

Sideshow is killing me with this stuff...

<div class='quotetop'>(Zottig @ Jul 20 2006, 01:43 AM) [snapback]1284202[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(sithmasterjedi @ Jul 19 2006, 09:27 PM) [snapback]1284195[/snapback]
did you see the lifesize R2 and 3PO?
[/b]

http://tinyurl.com/mzw2r
http://tinyurl.com/n3oro
http://tinyurl.com/mesmf
http://tinyurl.com/pupxl
http://tinyurl.com/rjfdr

Interesting twist... I'd have bet MR would have been the ones.

Ben
[/b][/quote]

Actually, I thought they were supposed to. I guess not.

<div class='quotetop'></div>
Interesting twist... I'd have bet MR would have been the ones.

Ben

Actually, I thought they were supposed to. I guess not.
[/b]

Well they'd have to be more accurate (read: way too expensive.) The threepio isn't metalized and doesn't seem as accurate as the Don Post even. The R2 isn't bad, but as an R2Builder I've seen far better :)

Sideshow makes me think these are big toys rather than "prop replicas." Replicas would be FAR too expensive.

Ben

DAMNED... that is amazing but... why didnt they make the full Yoda, instead of the bust ??? the difference would be really small... (they have head + hands + robes... only need feet and cane).

What a pity :$ the sculpt is amazing, the best I have seen ...

This bothers me the more I think about it... How are MR and Sideshow determining what they will produce? Are the two companies cooperating at some level?

Usually product licensing doesn't have overlaps. In other words, Hasbro isn't going to be licensed to make action figures while Mattel also gets a license to do the same.

There is usually a license to make, in this case, prop replicas and it would seem Master Replicas got that license.

Now Hasbro sub-licensed their license to make 12” figures to Sideshow and that explains why Hasbro's 12" line suddenly ended... but are these things considered prop replicas by Sideshow? Are they merely "big action figures?" If not negotiated beforehand, I can totally see MR saying... “Hey. We have the license to make those.”

Ben Lewitt
Grand Rapids, MI

just goes to show you that companies with all the money in the world can't compare with the stuff made by the folks right here on this board... :)

<div class='quotetop'>(vaderdarth @ Jul 20 2006, 07:54 AM) [snapback]1284350[/snapback]</div>
just goes to show you that companies with all the money in the world can't compare with the stuff made by the folks right here on this board... :)
[/b]

I'll second that any day.

Dan

Looks a bit off here aswell... I'd have spent more time on the proportions instead of looking at it from one angle, myself. Its a pity as it is obviously well sculpted but its not quite there for me. The jowls look to big and some of the wrinkles look wrong, especially around the bridge of the nose.

Cyb.

I love this sculpt, it seems to have captured the attitude, although I recall seeing a sculpt that came from somebody at disney that TK409 had that was the best i had seen.

Still good though, Sideshow dose good work. But I am curious to there price tag on the R2. :)

<div class='quotetop'>(scattrap @ Jul 20 2006, 09:09 AM) [snapback]1284389[/snapback]</div>
But I am curious to there price tag on the R2. :)
[/b]

I'm betting everyone is. I wonder if they just haven't decided final numbers yet, or are just trying to hype and tease (that's where my money is.) I mean someone has obviously done a cost feasability study and the project got the green light to proceed.

The more I look at the Threepio the more it looks off in my opinion.

The Yoda is similar, it's off. I really can't explain why I feel that way, it's just... off.

I wonder though if that was done on purpose. None of the licensed stuff comes "too close" to being 100% accurate. It's almost as if they were paranoid about having 100% accurate replicas of the characters out there.

Ben

<div class='quotetop'>(Zottig @ Jul 20 2006, 01:20 PM) [snapback]1284395[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(scattrap @ Jul 20 2006, 09:09 AM) [snapback]1284389[/snapback]
But I am curious to there price tag on the R2. :)
[/b]

The Yoda is similar, it's off. I really can't explain why I feel that way, it's just... off.

I wonder though if that was done on purpose. None of the licensed stuff comes "too close" to being 100% accurate. It's almost as if they were paranoid about having 100% accurate replicas of the characters out there.

Ben
[/b][/quote]

Could explain why all licensed Vader helmets have the checkboard gunmetal/black masking, the faces, the wrong way around

Cyb.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back