Studio scale Probe droid, ID and build!

Scott, it was scary how close the paintjobs are, mine being slightly more brown due to less grey in the opaque coat, but a few shots of german grey all over, and yeah, very close.
Guys has way more sheen, so that makes it appear lighter due to reflection, couple that with the dust wash he applied (which is sublime BTW) im nearly there, with still much to learn.

Kevin it was just great to see two together, dont see many if these period, though it could have been risky if we were hit with a flash tornado in Bham, both wiped out in one fell swoop eh Steve? Lol.

Jason, thanks, glad you likey.

Lee

Thanks for posting those pics guys. A real treat to see not one, but two outstanding PD builds. You both have done this prop proud guys.
It's great youv'e got each other close enough to visit & talk shop, I wish i had someone around here to do the same. Still, having peers like you both around is just as good & the idea's & craftmanship you bring to the boards is just staggering.
Stu

Thanks all, It really was cool to see these both together.

Stu, I am very very Lucky to live only a 90min drive from Lee, it does make a huge difference to have someone locally to bounce off, and pester (cough)

Twins! Gorgeous, brown-hued gray (grey?) twins!

So did you guys run up and down the street with these and scare the sh!te out of the neighbors?

I normally trash everything before I even get it out of the car, so it was nice to have a working set of legs when I got there, I think seeing a 40 yr old bloke just carrying a Probe Droid like its armed and ready to blow any min is enough to scare any neighbour !

You're nuts! You never ever let the president take the same flight as the vice president! Just think of all the things that could have happend! Swarms of locus, fire, crashing planes are just some things that comes to mind!

Cheers,
Steve

Ha, these are just the backups, the real ones are on a mission at the mo.

Almost there.....one damper to do, replace the antennae, and then its just a case of some finer weathering.
Needed to sit back and relax for a bit while i worked on the new legs, this model had blown my brain.
This is taken with flash, as the brown still pops, ive thrown way more grey at the model now, so to the eye, its a great balance, well, for my liking.

Fingers crossed, itll be ready for the RPF UK prop meet.

lee
LeesPD.jpg

Last edited:
I agree Guy, it was some journey putting this kit right, im sure similar threads will be warranted soon :lol
Have to give some much deserved respect to the creator of the V1 kit, Rolando did a bang up job considering, there were NO build and ID threads, and VERY little reference of the prop.

Lee

Joint caps are now ready for the next set of arms, these will be started soon enough, ready for my new Probe Droid, not sure what will become of my current one, maybe a really spendy door stopper?

lee

jointcaps.png

Looking forward to reading about it's response on this side of the pond! I'm sure people will LOVE it!

Lee - lotta caps ya got there ;)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back