Studio scale Probe droid, ID and build!

Re: Studio scale Probe droid build.

Great stuff Moe, its ace to see this subject getting some love.

Those are some fine legs mate, have you used some box tubing for the bulky parts of the legs or are they a total scratch?

E=MC2...nobody buddy, its long OOP, was released by Steve Neisen a while back, mastered by our own Rolando Guiterrez.
Quincy.... yes buddy, M16 is used a lot on this model, ive only scratched the surface...its kinda weird, not that many kits are on the PD so far, it seems they just used lots of parts, from the few kits they used....donor wise, its not too spendy....nowhere near the ATST.

bests......lee

What is the M16 ?

Can anybody help me with this part...thought it looked familiar, but cant lay my hand on it lol.
matilda.png

lee

Been pondering these for while now, I cant believe I never got a clear shot of those, what a loser!!!

any idea on the part to the left of them

LowresID.jpg

Betterres.jpg

Last edited:

Guy the part to the left, is from the Tamiya Matilda. Mike i cant the part in my Leo buddy, i must be missing something :lol

lee

Sorry, the angle of the first pic was playing tricks with my eyes, i was thinking it was a combo of a few parts like in the pic below...imagine another ammo box cover on the other side sitting on another little bit in the front...the straight on pic looks nothing like it...
mike

Ah, i see what your getting at Mike. I think ill go with scratching it if i dont find it by the weekend, its only two rectangles with a couple of holes in lol.

lee

Oh, meant to say, ive not got one here yet to check, but these parts could be from the ROCO Gepard, there are two strips on the ROCO, that have holes in them, could be them cut, soon as my new ones arrive, ill double check.

lee

Oh, meant to say, ive not got one here yet to check, but these parts could be from the ROCO Gepard, there are two strips on the ROCO, that have holes in them, could be them cut, soon as my new ones arrive, ill double check.

lee

You won the 4 Gepards ! :) I was at work and I wasnt able to bid on them with my phone for some weird reason ! Nice score btw. :)

Last edited:

Julien, no bud i bagged two on buy it now from Germany.
There seemed to be plenty when i looked though? I know its used a lot on your ISD though.

Lee

Julien, no bud i bagged two on buy it now from Germany.
There seemed to be plenty when i looked though? I know its used a lot on your ISD though.

Lee

Oh OK I saw the ones on buy it now from Germany, but there was a lot of 4 which was ending yesterday, I thought that was you, a fellow modeler probably won them ! :)

Yeah I need some Gepard for the ISD, I discover more of them every time I'm looking at it lol but as youo said, fortunatly there are several Gepards on the bay !

Keep up the good work, that will be very interesting and inspiring to see an accurate PD !

Ill have two resin turrets from the kit spare if you need them Julien, there average, but stuffed in a brim trench or whatever, should be fine?

Lee

I just got in from work Lee, & you know I'm sat here thinking is it a good Idea to go rummidge around & make loads of noise trying to get my PD down to see whats what?

Why does Xmas always seem to get in the way of fun.

Go to bed Guy

Im sure Michelle would love that buddy lol.
Like to have you at yours too though, knock heads on the same much loved subject matter.
Whip it out this week ( the droid guys, just the droid) and get to it between nursing the band maybe, bagged another find just now, missing plastruct green tubing on the upper head, its not on the kit head.

Lee

Hey Lee,there's a block on the M16 door that looks close to the block with the 2 holes.

Betterres.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back