Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

interior_Maquette1.jpg

interior_Maquette2.jpg

They are from the book Star Wars 365 days. The book is in the basement ATM being used as a model refferenc. but on the page these pics are on, they even mentions these pics settle the arguement where the falcon's med bay is.

The book covers all 6 films and have many pics I had never seen before. It also comes with a cd-rom that is supposed to have stuff on it, but I could never get the thing to work.

5439002948_68d2e8b111_o.jpg

5438364759_2b920e1d4b_o.jpg

so, it looks like this maquette might be accurate after all. glad I didn't actually bet on it.

That far wall is definitely open. whether the set's been fully decked out is still not clear to me. The camera is very shy of that corner, and the only pictures I've found are of an unfurnished hole in the wall. But I think that what's been built is supposed to represent and support what's in the maquette.

however, that room is strictly ESB, and my model is more or less strictly ANH. As you can see in the picture below, there's nothing there in ANH but a simple corrugated wall. However, if you were to add the opposite corridor to that wall in the picture below, it would take up half the wall which is shown below as closed, and which would make the main hold a dead end room. So I am taking some liberties, but as much as is possible I'm not trying to reconcile the ships from the two movies, let me be clear about that.

5438369499_02984feaef_o.jpg

That said, I may make a quick version for of the med bay for this thread, because I'd like to see it.

Thanks for posting!

As far as I am aware, and I dont know were I have read or seen this, but the open section of the wall was for filming only. As you can see in ANH much of the wide shots are taken over the top of the small computer panel backed onto the corrigated wall (removable wall) you can see in the last pic. I am pretty sure they built it the same way for the same reason in ESB and.

The medical bay/sleeping quarters is most always refered to as being on the other side of the ship. I think even the cartoon from the holiday special shows it there as well. I still have a copy I think.

Ozzy

The only reason I would think otherwise, Ozzy, is that the shape of the wall next to the corridor (in the still with 3P0) is identical to the shape in the maquette. At the very least I think they considered the additional room. But on the whole I'm with you that the area was ultimately just for filming, and that, as the location of the medbay, it couldn't be considered canon.

5440266988_032e611b6a_b.jpg

5440266956_825c0f957c_b.jpg

5439662917_47b4f60426_b.jpg

Looks good though!!! LOL.

I found another one (Realy need to clean up all the reference pics and get them online to share and save) which is the original plans for the SW/ANH. No bay there.

pirateset.jpg

Again dont know were the pic came from.

Ozzy

Last edited:
It looks real to me. Someone thinking of 3d printing some 5' scale cockpit bits?

We may have to talk, LOL.

Ozzy

LOL, just my thoughts, Ozzy. In fact, Steve, if it were the whole 5-footer (external greeblies and all) you were doing, we might as well print the whole thing :) I've always wanted a 32-inch size 5-footer and the Hasbro I'm converting right now is suffering from overwhelmaprojecthaltitis and can definitely benefit from 3D printing to make some parts. The interior you made, for example, is not meant for 3D printing, is it? I understand you need to have it in a different format and that CGI for movies is not in a format usable for printing models - how is this so? This is the route I want to pursue instead of imagining myself forever cutting styrene. Davlin, Atemylunch - these guys are turning out "perfect" models and I'm green with envy. It's still art - no question about it - scratchbuilding making good use of current technology.

Last edited:
5444503755_095eca1832_b.jpg

5444503779_c1c289964c_o.jpg

there's a guy called chrisGFX out there who's doing a very precise external model of the 5' falcon, which is way waaaayyy over my head. My arena is definitely simple interiors. That said, I think that only some of my work would actually work with 3d printers, but admittedly I don't know too much about them. My feeling is that they need closed geometry, and a lot of my model is nothing but cleverly aligned planes. still, conversions are not impossible. what you see above is a project with that aim.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back