Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

The part you wondered about, the hallway light fixtures center piece. That part looks like a piece of either the top end of a irrigation valve casting or the bottom end of a pneumatic valve. I'd really never looked at those lights until you asked and TK326 showed the grab from ESB. Just a suggestion where to look, who knows where they got that part, was anyone replacing the sprinkler system on one of the sound stages, LOL?

the docking bay is turning out to be a ship of riddles in its own right. When one thing works perfectly, something else is ridiculously askew. Every time I see a photo of the set or a screen cap, I find myself reaching for the view-orbit tool from sketchup so I can look around a corner, only to suddenly remember that it's a static photo. If there's a blueprint of that set out there, I will cry for joy when I find it.

anyways, enough moaning

Thanks Brinn and Randy!

Qrest Fourstar: I've thought about it, but the one shot of the med bay isn't enough for me to go on. I'm willing to bet it was a stand alone set that was never intended to fit anywhere in the ship precisely. Much like Lando's top hatch, which from all evidence should really be right on the nose between the mandibles (there are pictures in Rinzler's Making of ESB that show an external set with a gigantic truncated conical depression which would be set into the nose of the falcon, an artistic liberty if there ever was one). Either way, as I've said before I could take liberties of my own and try to fit it in, but it would defeat the spirit of the project at this point.

Alan 56: Hah, nice. That sheds new light on those things then, maybe they're an internal fire suppressant system? broken, obviously, since R2 had to put out that fire in ANH himself.

unfortunately I'm limited to about half that because I'm using the unlicensed copy of indigo (the licensing fee is about 600 dollars, and from what I can see, making really big pictures is pretty much the only feature that gets unlocked...). I might export this to 3ds Max and render it there, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms.

anyway, I have to complete the docking bay from the new plans I just worked out, after that I can try to figure something out. Glad you're diggin it, Tek2graphics!

try using LuxRender you will get an unbiased render free to use

Qrest Fourstar: I had been avoiding 365 because it had too much prequel content, which is not in my realm of interest, however I'm clearly missing out. Before I take the dive and buy the thing, how detailed are these pictures? Do you have the book? I'm extremely interested in this model.

Aurora, I'll have to check that out, thanks! I'm sick to death of indigo.

SIMPLY OUTSTANDING. That is absolutely jaw-dropping. I love them. Will you be adding the radar dish or leaving it as you see it on the screen?

Qrest Fourstar: I had been avoiding 365 because it had too much prequel content, which is not in my realm of interest, however I'm clearly missing out. Before I take the dive and buy the thing, how detailed are these pictures? Do you have the book? I'm extremely interested in this model.

Aurora, I'll have to check that out, thanks! I'm sick to death of indigo.

I've got the picture scanned in. It's a maguette of the falcon interior set showing the location of the med bay. it's just 'north' of the opposite wall of the chess table.

interior%5E_Maquette2.jpg

interior%5E_Maquette1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all
I noticed there has been some discussion about the green lights along the hallways of the falcon. The only mention of their function that I have ever come accross is from the comentary that accompanies the Behind the magic falcon walk through. It is said that these are decontamination units, used to kill bacteria, and the like.

PS: Paul, I cant see the pics either.

Ozzy

Last edited:
Hmm, so the Med Bay Maquette is very interesting, but I think it looks more prospective than anything else. For starters, the location of the bunk is raised up to the same height as the bunk above the holochess couch. In ESB, I'm pretty sure that the bunk is normal bed height, as Leia has to bend down to kiss Luke's forehead. Also that open wall in the model is definitely closed in both ANH and ESB, with no chance of an unseen doorway (although admittedly from appearances the entire far wall is closed in ANH). Additionally the location of the hallway in the far wall of the maquette would preclude the doorway to the circuit bay.

On the other hand, I kind of like that little room in there.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back