Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

whoa, yeah I think I may have to go for the 5-footer, take a look at this:

5328400500_b8807c732e_o.jpg

there's a lot missing here...
Has anyone made a scale model based on the life size falcon? you know, with the recessed floodlights on the under belly, and the other weird details like that?

It might be kind of cool, actually, to make a cg model of it....

Thanks for the advice guys!

Ok, finally back to work. Got the top row complete!

looking back I see that I've already posted a "top row complete!" before, but now I'm serious (until the next big re-fit of all my details...)

anyway, the biggest part of this instance is what I'll call the Graviscope Readout. Hopefully in the future I'll be able to get it to glow, but I can't seem to get it to work right with the indigo renderer.

Thanks, folks!

5331532724_a4b1ac1987_b.jpg

Man, this keeps getting better and better! Really cool adding the view of the body of the Falcon out the viewports.
I know you're basing this on the ANH cockpit, and I know it's a really geeky thing to comment on. . . but the "missing" center divider on the forward window is bugging me!! :lol :lol

I love that in some photos you can even see the patch on the canopy rim where the strut was removed.

thanks, superjedi

thanks Brinn.

Wow, only three more panels to go.
(not counting inner-canopy detailing, a few more parts of the main console, the rest of the nav-seats, and making all the blinky type lights various colors...)

still, I'm gettin there.

5343947461_a8705b52f5_b.jpg

collaboration is definitely foremost in my mind. I'd love to see all these details brought to life, especially in someone's scale falcon.

Chris lee, full scale is the ultimate dream. I can't lie, if my work here got translated to a full scale cockpit...my head would explode.

Thanks for the compliments! more panels to come.

Also, working on exporting a qtvr panorama

hey guys,

made a QTVR panorama of what I've built so far. Really I think I'm just procrastinating finishing up the ceiling.

click here for the panorama make sure you've got quicktime installed to view it.

I exported straight out of sketchup, so this isn't very fancy, but I'm working on a full-on rendered version, soon to come.

Just wondering if those exterior renders could be used in autocad, dxf or whatever format to use on a 3 d router ie to produce the base for a 5 ft falcon?

I am hoping he will eventually want to share and collaborate with my full scale construction project.

I certainly hope you are carrying on with that project :) Btw, cool name you have mate ;) I'm also a Chris Lee in the 501st ;)

Apologies....back on subject :) Am enjoying seeing the updates to the CG model

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back