Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

Happy Holidays folks!

5288987800_5f01ef45d4_b.jpg

I'm loving your work, Steve. I always thought there was a console directly under the left and right cockpit window. Looking at what you have done I guess I was seeing things.

I confess I have hidden designs for following your build Steve - I'm secretly waiting until you finish before I start working on my conversion ANH Falcon cockpit. So take your time. At first I was planning to model after the 5-ft prop with its bare non-realistic paneling but I saw Superjedi's work and got the Martin Baker seats from him and that got me wanting more. Now, after seeing this my mind's made up - I know I can't live with the 5-footer's bare paneling anymore.

Last edited:
@junkpilot. There may be a few more lights and greebles on those panels, but I'm waiting for a really clear picture. so far I've just been able to see the close and far ends of it.

@crackerjazz. I can't wait to finish in that case, I'd like nothing more than to see all this virtual toil come to life.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

here're more complete panels:
5293175089_8d5955f774_b.jpg

all the while lights you see should actually be flashing lights in a variety ranging from red to blue, to yellow, to plain white to off. That detail will go in at the end (somehow)

I don't know what the cost would be for an actual, physical, model of all this. I guess it would depend on the size and cost of materials? I may find out, since all this virtual modeling has got me itching to cross over into reality. For now, the only cost is some fraction of my power bill. That, and many hours that could have been spent in bed...

Last edited:
Off model nothing, Brinn, that's the the little known "Disappearing Coffee Cup", see right before the dice. Just showin' off my the bottomless depths of my knowledge of falcon lore. heh.

Looking SWEET!!! :)

Wait, WHAT? You aren't saying you found a shot with a cup in it, are you??? :eek

ha ha, no.
but man that reminds me: I swear to god I saw footage of harrison ford smoking a cigarette in the cockpit, and now I have no idea where that was. I thought for sure it was in the R2 and 3PO hosted Making Of, but it's not in there.

the big blank spot represents the area of this panel that is perpetually obscured by the nav seats. ... not sure what to do about that.

My only recomendation is to try and extrapilate from ESB & ROTJ. There's a chance that the back wall will be identical in all three movies since it was only the side walls that were stretched. Outstanding work so far! Thank you for taking on this project and displaying your progress here. You should be very proud of your work!

heh, now you're talkin, superjedi.

I love that there's a playboy pinup on the control-bridge of the blockade runner.

@ ds operative. Unfortunately the back wall on the ESB cockpit is almost completely different. After I pointed out how the light boxes don't match up I found a reference picture of the lower lightbox near the shelf. The whole thing is three inches off in all directions. Someone seriously screwed up. But it's all fixed for ESB, with the back panel reconstructed so everything matches up.

Even still, I'll probably take your suggestion. I'd love to see that back wall, but I don't think it's going to happen at this point (without a time machine...)

THANKS!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back