Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

so actually, I put a dummy figure in the scene and scaled it to Carrie Fisher's height. In the screencap, the lower edge of the bed comes to the high side of her thigh, but below her greater trochanter (top of the femur). I measured the height from the floor appropriate to that. The ceiling is lower than a usual ceiling, but is the same height as the entry way to the cockpit corridor. This is probably what's giving the sense that the room is larger, and therefore that the bed seems too high, since your brain is proportioning it to a larger room.

hey guys, checkout this walkthough video I made of my conceptual full interior. Lots of rough details, but let me know what you think. I'm only going to tinker around with this a little bit longer, and then I'm going to get back on topic and keep up the screen accurate work.

Click here for the video!

Hey guys. Thought I'd never get to this, but I've finally built a circuit bay.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Hey guys.

Thanks for the comments on the circuit bay! I'm pretty happy with the way it came together. I had been dreading doing it, but it turned out not to be that bad to reference.

So, I spent some of Saturday and most of Sunday adding a bunch of small details I had been neglecting. I finally finished off the panels on the crash couch, added the smaller couch, added a lot more cargo, added the cargo on the other side of the main hold (referenced from what's visible behind the training remote in ANH), and built the small console with the keyboard.

and then I made a video tour:

Click the link for the youtube video

I wish you were this obsessed about Firefly, because I can think of a ship that needs a walk through. The crash couch and additions are awesome.

Thanks guys!

look out for a new walkthrough with all the updates I've made to the docking bay and the interior. Not sure when I'll be done, but I hope sooner rather than later.

Also, with just a few more batches of details, I think I'll be ready to start trying to render the walkthrough in vray. It's gonna be a bit of a pain in the ass. Oh, how I wish sketchup had its own renderer. There are a few plugins, but they're far from reliable. I'm going to have to export the model to some other program like rhino or 3dsmax.

After that, well... I think I'll be refining my conception of the full interior. I think there's going to be a part where the camera goes into the escape pod bay, and then up the top hatch to look around on the exterior of the falcon, and then back inside. Should be fun!

thanks again, folks, I couldn't do all this without your support.

Such a cool thing you're doin' here, Steve! The more I see the more I wish I'd win the lottery and build this for real somewhere. Damn...

Holy Crap. I just read through your entire thread today (starting yesterday, haha) and man am I blown completely away!

Same here! I am so totally going to dive head-first into Sketch-Up now. I've been holding out, but you've convinced me. I have a detailed full-scale concept for a ship with rotational gravity that I need to be able to see in 3d, and not just in my head or 2d paper.

quick update (I hope to get to some of your replies in more detail)

here's a preview video of the promised update waklthrough tour. I've also added a short crawl at the beginning; which I made by modeling some text and flying backward over it with a camera (mimicking the technique used for the real crawl). It's not 100% necessary, but I always wanted to try the stationary object/camera flyby technique. let me know what you think of it.

CLICK HERE!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back