Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

I just wanted to pop in and say what a great job your doing on the MF Interior. I did a 3D model of it way back in 2001. You're version is much more detailed , but I was still using Lightwave 5.5 back then :D

Here is another variation of the Falcon in Docking Bay 94 with the human Jabba in the background. Not the best resolution, but I thought you might like it.

rok

Great pic! By the look of the huge greeblie, it makes me wonder if Lucas was planning to include the mandibles but then decided against it?

Can't get enough of your work! When you actually build the fullscalefalcon, please promise to go Xzibit and render the Millennium Falcon inside the Millenium Falcon so people can look at the Millenium Falcon while being in the Millenium Falcon.

Oh yeah, I also added some Gustave Holst. I of course couldn't have added some of the actual score from the movie, without worrying about disney coming down on me. So I opted to use some music that John Williams referenced in his fantastic score. Let me know if it seems to work, or if it takes you out of the moment since it's not genuine star wars.

Excellent vid! I listened to the middle part of my quad Led Zep 'Whole Lotta Love' tho :D Cos I'm almost sure the MF has an 8-Track on it somewhere in there lol.

Excellent vid! I listened to the middle part of my quad Led Zep 'Whole Lotta Love' tho :D Cos I'm almost sure the MF has an 8-Track on it somewhere in there lol.

Either an 8 Track or a Cassette player - it's on the back wall behind Chewie! :) Which makes sense... it was A Long Time Ago...

Hey S,

I just noticed something... There is a HUGE disrcepancy between the full scale canopy, the model canopy and the cockpit prop canopy. There is no vertical canopy "bar" extending up from the very center window to the front outer window ring on the cockpit prop, but the bar is present on the other two... Very odd...

Without Vertical Bar - looking out from interior
http://ladymanson.com/galleries/movies/MoviesRS/displayimage.php?pid=101630&fullsize=1

With Vertical Bar - Full Scale
Shadow of Reflection: Movie Screencaps R-S: Click image to close this window

With Vertical Bar - Model
Shadow of Reflection: Movie Screencaps R-S: Click image to close this window

But on this version from the interior... it's back again
http://falcon.maruskadesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/anhmfcockpit1ks1.jpg

The way I look at it? One less thing I have to do! :)

Last edited:
They originally did have the middle support on the cockpit in ANH, and you can see a bare spot and screw holes where they removed it. I think they were having trouble with it blocking the actors when shooting.

in my interior model I leave it out, and but I put it in for the exterior, as a nod to the discrepancy.

Here are some renders of those new details (left out the docking bay for clarity)

Falcon4.pngfalcon5.pngfalcon6.pngfalcon2.jpgfalcon1.jpgfalcon3.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back