Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

The same can be said to you Steve as I said on the studio scale section of this site to eagle1,...you are now creating reference photos......I really am in awe of your work

John

Heh heh, so just let me know when you're ready for the plans (and when you've replaced your garage with a warehouse)

Jaitea, I'm flattered! but don't forget to do your homework, I can't tell you how many times I think I've nailed something and find new reference that sends me back to square one.

I was partial to docking bay 94 for a long time, but since I've started the deathstar set I've noticed that the former is surprisingly limited in good angles viewing the Falcon. One or two look great, but the rest are kind of a stretch, especially compared to the much more spacious Deathstar bay, where I've been able to find tons of good angles.

Not to mention the straightforward layout, and modular construction, of the deathstar bay makes it way more replicable.

That would be a lot of fun! The photo ops would be endless! Even the Family Guy fans could have the "Time of Their Lives"! We'll need an old couch and a choreographer!

Steve, the biggest thing that ruins ROTJ for me, is the painting that is pasted behind Lando on the 'Home One' docking bay as he talks to Han about the Falcon

Falcon-hangar.jpg

I know that you've faithfully resurrected the SW (ANH) 3 landing gear version, but the ROTJ painting begs for another point of view, It looks the same from where they stood....and to where Han looks out at it from the Imperial Shuttle.....hmmmm

John

Hey Jaitea,

At the moment, there's too much of ANH for me to finish, and then I gotta get through Empire, but one day you might get your wish. I agree though, it's probably the worst effect in the whole trilogy, especially considering the level background painting talent they had on hand...

I know.....with all the totally unnecessary 'improvements' LFL has made to the trilogy....it's unbelievable that they made no attempt to improve this scene with CG....huh

John

any more requests for rendered views while I'm at it? If you ever thought, "I wonder what it would have looked like from _____?" now's the time to find out.
Intriguing request!
One particular i have in mind is the falcon appears to our heroes from the same angle as it first landed(image 1 and 2) when they appear to be right above 3PO.( as you can see in image 3 its the same angle only tilted)
The officer speaks to TK421 and the falcon is angled. so the control room should be on the angled section of the hangar when the other room above 3po should be on the horizontal axis of the hangar (if this makes any sense)
suggestions.jpg

One fun try tho would be the falcon should be landed outside the temple in yavin. After saw your intriguing versions of the falcon is IN the hangar.
templesuggestion.jpg

-Angel

Hmm, I think I see what you're saying.

When Leia says "you came in That thing? You're braver than I thought.."
our heroes were in a corridor that was parallel to the hangar, on the same level as the control room (which is on the angled wall section), so the angle for that scene should be more like this?

attachment.php

I think you may be right, and I never thought of it before.
This image is right above 3P0, at the same height I've put the windows to the control room (a measurement I based on the camera angle for the shot that's in the movie.)

I've started a real render to see how that would look.

As for the Yavin exterior, I did build a rough model based on the shot you posted, but descided to go back and do a model based on the original matte painting, which is quite different. I agree, though, that it would be really cool to see the falcon outside there.

Shaunsheep, I've also started you're render, showing where Vader and Old Ben had their duel. This time with a bonus: I've added some stormtroopers into the mix (downloaded from the sketchup warehouse)

Thanks all!

Thank you so much Steve!
I wouldnt mind to see your render based on the original matte of temple.
I will definetely use your renders for good use!

-Angel

At some point I hope to finish that model, but the biggest stumbling block there is the jungle foliage. Sketchup is not much good for that kind of thing. But it's definitely on my grand to-do list.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back