Subscribe
    From
    Canada
    Jan 10, 2011, 9:25 AM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #126

SWEET!
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Jan 10, 2011, 5:22 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #127

thanks Brinn.

Wow, only three more panels to go.
    (not counting inner-canopy detailing, a few more parts of the main console, the rest of the nav-seats, and making all the blinky type lights various colors...)

still, I'm gettin there.

From
    Northern part of Los Angeles County
    Jan 10, 2011, 6:38 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #128

Absolutely amazing work you're doing. Thanks for sharing this.
    From
    Fort Smith, AR
    Jan 10, 2011, 11:25 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #129

AWESOME!!!! So what exactly are you wanting to do with this?
    From
    Nashville, TN
    Jan 11, 2011, 8:34 AM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #130

tek2graphics said: View Post
    AWESOME!!!! So what exactly are you wanting to do with this?
    I am hoping he will eventually want to share and collaborate with my full scale construction project.
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Jan 12, 2011, 1:27 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #131

collaboration is definitely foremost in my mind. I'd love to see all these details brought to life, especially in someone's scale falcon.

Chris lee, full scale is the ultimate dream. I can't lie, if my work here got translated to a full scale cockpit...my head would explode.

Thanks for the compliments! more panels to come.

Also, working on exporting a qtvr panorama
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Jan 12, 2011, 5:58 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #132

hey guys,

made a QTVR panorama of what I've built so far. Really I think I'm just procrastinating finishing up the ceiling.

click here for the panorama make sure you've got quicktime installed to view it.

I exported straight out of sketchup, so this isn't very fancy, but I'm working on a full-on rendered version, soon to come.
    From
    New York
    Jan 12, 2011, 6:07 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #133

Man-- its like standing there! great work
    From
    Jan 12, 2011, 6:59 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #134

I love it! As a kid I’ve always dreamed of sitting in the MF cockpit, so this is very cool! Excellent job.
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Jan 12, 2011, 7:59 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #135

Thanks Faustus!

Randy, that is exactly why I'm doing this project.

glad you guys like it!
    From
    Planet Perth
    Jan 13, 2011, 12:22 AM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #136

Just wondering if those exterior renders could be used in autocad, dxf or whatever format to use on a 3 d router ie to produce the base for a 5 ft falcon?
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Jan 16, 2011, 12:38 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #137

here's some fun

13. Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Jan 16, 2011, 12:43 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #138

TK-326 said: View Post
    I am hoping he will eventually want to share and collaborate with my full scale construction project.
    I certainly hope you are carrying on with that project Btw, cool name you have mate I'm also a Chris Lee in the 501st

Apologies....back on subject Am enjoying seeing the updates to the CG model
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Jan 16, 2011, 8:11 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #139

Glad you're enjoying the updates.

wow, this layout is getting pretty close, even if I say so.

From
    Fort Smith, AR
    Jan 16, 2011, 8:36 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #140

Wow, Wow, Wow..... : O
    This would make a great game.....
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Jan 17, 2011, 10:19 AM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #141

Thanks Tek2graphics,

I wish I could import these to some kind of first person deal, so I could run around in it.

From
    Canada
    Jan 17, 2011, 3:06 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #142

LOVING these updates! THANKS!
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Jan 17, 2011, 4:11 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #143

Thanks, I'm having a lot of fun with the main hold right now. A nice break. I promised myself I'd only do a little bit of it, sort of a low-detail maquette style model, but...well it's gotten a little out of hand. More renders to come, to show you what I mean.
    From
    Jan 17, 2011, 6:09 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #144

Everything you're doing is great. You've made me notice some details for the first time.
  20. RPF Premium Member Stormy320's Avatar
    From
    Pasadena, CA
    Jan 17, 2011, 6:34 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #145

SteveStarkiller said: View Post
    Thanks Tek2graphics,

I wish I could import these to some kind of first person deal, so I could run around in it.
    Way back in 1998 or so Lucas released some kind of PC reference CD program that had a CG Falcon interior you could walk through. It was pretty accurate relative to the computing power back then and it was really fun to "walk through".

Anyone remember that?
  21. Member Since
    Apr 2003
    Jan 17, 2011, 6:57 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #146

Kinda cool. Looks like what the realtor showed Han before he moved in.
  22. Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    Rotterdam, Netherlands
    Jan 17, 2011, 6:58 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #147

You could opt to keep the model at a level that allows for export to a realtime engine (we are currently playing with something similar in Unity).
    Finding a few techno-geeks working with game engines shouldnt make that one too hard to tackle as long as you keep the polygon count within reasonable range.

Id would even allow you to see it in 3D with the active shutter glasses.
    Cooler would be to create a full Falcon, and create cutaway sections that you have repid-proto-typed. Kinda like the see-through drawings you see in books, only made real..
    From
    New York
    Jan 17, 2011, 7:18 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #148

Tony said: View Post
    Kinda cool. Looks like what the realtor showed Han before he moved in.
    LOL-now thats funny
    From
    Fort Smith, AR
    Jan 17, 2011, 8:06 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #149

I just did a search for "lucas falcon 3d walk thru" and this is what I found... pretty funny.
    YouTube - Millennium Falcon 3D-model tour
    YouTube - Virtual Tour - YT-2400 "Gambit"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWPpBwmXWb8
    And this is cool:
    YouTube - 'MILLENNIUM FALCON" PROP REPLICA
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Jan 17, 2011, 9:01 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #150

tek2graphics, yeah, I've seen a lot of those interiors while rooting through youtube for useful reference material. Most of my feelings are not fit to print... E for effort? then again, someone may say that about me some time in the future...

Tony and Faustus, Hahaha, good one.
    yeah, come to think of it, the inside of the falcon looks kind of like classic trek, torn down to it's guts and then "lived" in.

mccordia: the poly count is probably already out of control, with the padding on the corridor rings alone. I had to make them pretty complex to get the shape I wanted. Still, that's not to say I couldn't try to reduce them. I don't have the know how, but what say say sounds possible, and tantalizing.

Stormy, I would love to see that, if it can be dredged up. I'm really curious to see how I match up.

Randy, thanks. That reminds me, I'd love it if anyone wanted to point out details they had noticed that I've missed or misinterpreted.

That's all for now folks, I'm going for dinner. Have a good week!