Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

Thanks, man.

here's some more.

attachment.php

Looking great Steve! Love the idea for the animation!!

I hope it's okay for me to offer a critique though?

Your landing ramp supports just go up and disappear as though they are static. The hydraulic pistons in the supports should collapse into themselves as the ramp travels up, and expand as they go down. Does this make sense? I hope I'm understandable, not sure that I know what I'm really talking about.

I'm not trying to belittle your awesome work and dedication to this at all, this project as been incredibly awesome!! I've loved watching every update! And I have no idea how difficult animation is because I've never even attempted to learn, so I have no clue how difficult it would be to animate the hydraulic pistons also. It's just one of those picky details that would make all of the difference.

Keep up the great work!!! :thumbsup

Thanks guys!

DS Operative, your critique is spot on. I should definitely make those pistons telescope (or collapse, or actuate, or whatever verb is actually used there).

I was testing an animation plugin for the most part. Seems to work pretty well. I'm thinking about a new video walkthrough that includes animations of doors opening and closing, lights flickering, dice swinging, etc.

Really enjoyed the video of the ramp and door opening and closing, great to see it from a different perspective, this is one thread I'm going to have to keep an eye on.

Cheers, Vince.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back