Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

It's looking better and better all of the time. It's the little corners and areas that you don't see except in the blur of the action that make all the difference.

Nice work Steve, it just keeps getting better and better! I like the grainy effect, I think it just adds to the overall feel of the Falcons appearance.

Love it Steve! I too like the grain in the images (thought it was intentional) it gives it the look of film instead of digital

So good so far Steve! :love

A small candid question, which maybe will appear ridiculous in the eyes of experts:
your software warns you when there's a conflict between the inside and outside?

I cogitate in recent years on a blueprint (Illustrator file) of the MF's inside for the FineMolds kit, and between different levels, boarding ramp, space to integrate the two turrets, compromises are to be, in my opinion, right?
(sorry if this has already been discussed)

His outside and inside are different models, so no, the interior does not fit. In his walkthroughs, he transitions from one model to the other when you go up the ramp.

I actually backed into this thread from the Sofaking thread of the physical build.
Amazing work, very well done! I like the graininess, it makes the images look like old pics and lends to the realism.
Now, having said that, I would still one to see them clearly. Really beautiful job on the lighting, textures and, of course, the models.
Now to go look for that model, are you selling it?

check out the latest walkthrough of the falcon. Lots of tiny new details, as well as the addition of the Med Bay (in the only location that I think makes sense from the screencaps)

Click Here for the video.

Thanks Vaderman. Any particular part of the model you're interested in? I should say that the entire model was designed at 1:1 scale in sketchup, and is ideal for use as blueprints for physical builds (as you can see from Sofakings outstanding work).

Baloo, Treadwell is absolutely right, I switch between two models. The software, sketchup, doesn't warn me about conflicting geometry, so I have to time hiding and unhiding geometry just right, to keep everything from intersecting. This allows me to focus on making my models as screen accurate as possible, ignoring any attempt to solve "The Ship of Riddles".

Thanks for the great compliments folks. You guys remind me why I'm doing this.

oh PS

check this out:

are the blocade runner corridors where leia is zapped a redress of the falcon's main hold?

look at the ceiling supports and the arch dimensions, which just about match the hold's.

wfdj_morestarwarsrarities_04.jpg

I made that post quite a while ago, and well, I've got something new cooking, just as a diversion. We'll see how far I get, and at this point, I'm just ramping up to the part where I'll make a virtual redress of the falcon's main hold. Take a look:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Does anyone else know of someone who's tried to replicate this room? I see plenty of models of those main, glossy white, corridors (which I did actually replicate beyond the doorway on the left right above) but none of this room, or the area where Leia gives R2 the deathstar plans, just a little further down the corridor.

edit:
just for fun, I'm adding a render of the main corridor that's attached to the model above:

6279372615_e90789caa0_b.jpg

Last edited:
Like many of us I am more than impressed by the quality and the precision of your 3D models. And I have to admit I join this forum mainly to follow you wherever you're invinting us everytime you posted a new message.

Already looking forward to discover the next destination. Many congratulations "Monsieur"

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back