Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

attachment.php

In this pic it is apparent that the whiteish segmented framework around the doorway sticks out past the surface of the wall panels. See the shadows?

Great work so far!

TK-326, thanks a ton for those, they will be very helpful. In the meantime here's some corridor work.

5252603691_b48f251248_b.jpg

None of these angles would actually fit in a ship; just to be clear I'm not trying to solve the ship of riddles (although I almost tried, and was just barely pulled back from the brink) These dimensions and angles are all screen-based, trying to figure out what the set might have looked like.

link below for extra large version.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5048/5252603691_839495c6b1_o.jpg

Very cool. I've always been a huge fan of the Falcon.

5252603691_b48f251248_b.jpg

None of these angles would actually fit in a ship; just to be clear I'm not trying to solve the ship of riddles (although I almost tried, and was just barely pulled back from the brink) These dimensions and angles are all screen-based, trying to figure out what the set might have looked like.

Keep in mind the cockpit set was never connected to the rest of the interior sets. It had its own small portion of corridor, just what was needed to be seen through the doorway.

wfdj_morestarwarsrarities_18.jpg

yes looks like you're right treadwell, I also spotted the padding sticking out from the backwall and corrected it.

do you know if blueprints exist for the other portion, or just the cockpit?

Thanks for all the great compliments folks! I've been busy rebuilding the whole thing from the blueprints I got. More picture soon!

in the meantime here's one more panel (nearly) done.

5277285804_5abd515044_b.jpg

Hi stevestarkiller - Eagerly awaiting for these if you mean flat panel views that can be printed out and stuck onto styrene : )

Hey, sorry I didn't deliver on this yet guys. I started to make some flat panel views but realized I haven't finished enough to put out anything substantial. In the end I hope to make a sheet like the Ozzyguanche's, but that may be farther off than I thought.

take a look at the top band of light-boxes

I've noticed for a while that they don't match up from back wall to side panels the way they're supposed to in the plans, and indeed in the way they do in ESB and ROTJ. I added it in my design, since it adds some character I think

But, what I didn't notice was that Chewie's side actually does match up on the ANH cockpit the way it's supposed to (kind of dark in the picture with chewie, but it's there), while Han's doesn't. meaning that there are left to right differences in panel dimensions.... which means another cockpit refit.

PDVD_045.jpg

PDVD_009.jpg

EDIT:
ah, found a nice clear shot of it:

cap003wo5.png

Last edited:
AAAAAAAAAAH!!

Yep, Star Wars is riddled with these things, and you won't notice until you start digging. This is where I'd start to say: "Um, YEAH! Han was tinkering with the systems behind that panel while waiting for Luke and Obi-Wan to show up and popped it back into place wrong, mis-aligning the light bar. Yeah, that's what happened....."

Then I'd fix and align it, like on Chewie's side! :)

heh heh

I think I'm gonna make em all wonky, for fun and to keep up with my boastful claim of "screen accurate".

The problem is I can see a nit picker down the line saying my light boxes are wrong for being asymmetrical. Especially since that picture with chewie is one of the only ones where Chewie's head isn't completely blocking the joint/corner where the light boxes meet.

Guess it'll have to end up being one of those nods that looks wrong even though it's right.

oh PS

check this out:

are the blocade runner corridors where leia is zapped a redress of the falcon's main hold?

look at the ceiling supports and the arch dimensions, which just about match the hold's.

wfdj_morestarwarsrarities_04.jpg

falcon-inter.jpg

The assymetry just looks wrong too, in a scale model - it means assembly sloppiness which in turn means you won't win any prize in the contest unless the judges knew exactly what you were up to. Strangely, though, I LIKE IT!!! :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back