Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

5254955454_7bd60af0d0_b.jpg

I've been wondering that myself. It would put a hole in the idea that the dice only appeared once. If it isn't the dice though, it could be the grips of a couple of the levers that are just out of frame in that area

5257682596_7359d28c3c_b.jpg

top row almost complete.

I can't tell if I should work on ceiling panels now, and get them out of the way, or finish up all the lower, more easily referenced panels first.

Do the hard stuff now, so the easy stuff seems easier vs. do the easy stuff and work my way up to the hard stuff so that it's easier?

hmm, also all my switches now look like buttons with soft shadows...gotta make the toggles darker I think.

Thanks Junk Pilot

I'd roughly guess 17 hours, give or take. average about an hour a day since the end of november, with some days without working on it and other days with endless hours of headache inducing minutia adjustment.

Enough, at any rate, for me to start getting the evil eye from my otherwise highly tolerant lady friend.

New chairs:
5262445318_5dfdae196a_b.jpg

Just received an early christmas present to myself last night: the packet of blueprints published by ballantine which includes the plan of the falcon's cockpit (I had previously been working from a 2 by 3 inch scan of the same). Was up till 2am working from the plans and building the entire cockpit structure from scratch. There are some discrepancies... do I go on from here and ignore them, or adapt all the work I've already done to the accurate model? the former appeals to my lazy side, but the latter calls out to every fiber of my obsession.

Anyway, thanks for all the support folks! You've kept my standards high, and kept me up until unreasonable hours of the night (although granted I would have done that on my own).

the next few updates will probably be schematics of all the panels I've completed for those of you who might want to use them as references.

Don't know if this helps, but here you go:

attachment.php

I think you are doing GREAT WORK! Myself, I'd go for broke and do as much as I could, but I'd also tweak the thing to make the cockpit work for ESB and Jedi too. The little details missing from one to the other would drive me CRAZY! :D

But its yours so do what you want. Its SWEET!

thanks Brinn!

I think I'm gonna keep in ANH accurate, the simplicity appeals to me (plus this way I don't have to figure out how to model those bizarre control sticks). I've thought of doing separate ESB/ROTJ accurate models, after this one, but we'll see.

When Chewie first gets in the cockpit, the first time we see the cockpit interior, there is something hanging like little metal dice or something. I don't think we ever saw that again.

yes, the famed disappearing dice. I plan to put them in at the end, as a sort of inside reference (although what part of this isn't an inside reference)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back