Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Newcastle, NSW, Australia
    Dec 14, 2010, 7:43 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #51

Very nice. How many hours would you say you have put into this?
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Dec 14, 2010, 8:34 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #52

Thanks Junk Pilot

I'd roughly guess 17 hours, give or take. average about an hour a day since the end of november, with some days without working on it and other days with endless hours of headache inducing minutia adjustment.

Enough, at any rate, for me to start getting the evil eye from my otherwise highly tolerant lady friend.

New chairs:
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Dec 15, 2010, 8:31 AM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #53

From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Dec 15, 2010, 10:10 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #54

5. Member Since
    Jun 2010
    From
    Toronto
    Dec 16, 2010, 2:34 AM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #55

Very impressive, Stevestarkiller!
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Dec 17, 2010, 10:25 AM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #56

Just received an early christmas present to myself last night: the packet of blueprints published by ballantine which includes the plan of the falcon's cockpit (I had previously been working from a 2 by 3 inch scan of the same). Was up till 2am working from the plans and building the entire cockpit structure from scratch. There are some discrepancies... do I go on from here and ignore them, or adapt all the work I've already done to the accurate model? the former appeals to my lazy side, but the latter calls out to every fiber of my obsession.

Anyway, thanks for all the support folks! You've kept my standards high, and kept me up until unreasonable hours of the night (although granted I would have done that on my own).

the next few updates will probably be schematics of all the panels I've completed for those of you who might want to use them as references.
    From
    Canada
    Dec 17, 2010, 2:59 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #57

Don't know if this helps, but here you go:

I think you are doing GREAT WORK! Myself, I'd go for broke and do as much as I could, but I'd also tweak the thing to make the cockpit work for ESB and Jedi too. The little details missing from one to the other would drive me CRAZY!

But its yours so do what you want. Its SWEET!
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Dec 17, 2010, 3:18 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #58

thanks Brinn!

I think I'm gonna keep in ANH accurate, the simplicity appeals to me (plus this way I don't have to figure out how to model those bizarre control sticks). I've thought of doing separate ESB/ROTJ accurate models, after this one, but we'll see.
  9. RPF Premium Member CessnaDriver's Avatar
    Dec 17, 2010, 3:41 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #59

When Chewie first gets in the cockpit, the first time we see the cockpit interior, there is something hanging like little metal dice or something. I don't think we ever saw that again.
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Dec 17, 2010, 5:06 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #60

yes, the famed disappearing dice. I plan to put them in at the end, as a sort of inside reference (although what part of this isn't an inside reference)
  11. Member Since
    Jun 2010
    From
    Toronto
    Dec 18, 2010, 2:33 AM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #61

SteveStarkiller said: View Post
    the next few updates will probably be schematics of all the panels I've completed for those of you who might want to use them as references.
    Hi stevestarkiller - Eagerly awaiting for these if you mean flat panel views that can be printed out and stuck onto styrene : )
    From
    Newport News, VA
    Dec 18, 2010, 9:09 AM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #62

Ooh, yeah. . . that would be great!
    Dec 20, 2010, 11:43 AM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #63

In this pic it is apparent that the whiteish segmented framework around the doorway sticks out past the surface of the wall panels. See the shadows?

Great work so far!
    Dec 21, 2010, 2:47 AM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #64

This photo kills me:

15. Member Since
    Dec 1999
    From
    England, U.K.
    Dec 21, 2010, 8:59 AM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #65

That's the cockpit set they built for the infamous holiday special. It's not the ANH set.

AMAZING work you're doing on this. Can't wait to see it finished!

alienscollection.com said: View Post
    This photo kills me:

From
    Logan, Utah
    Dec 21, 2010, 9:34 AM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #66

TK-326, thanks a ton for those, they will be very helpful. In the meantime here's some corridor work.

None of these angles would actually fit in a ship; just to be clear I'm not trying to solve the ship of riddles (although I almost tried, and was just barely pulled back from the brink) These dimensions and angles are all screen-based, trying to figure out what the set might have looked like.

link below for extra large version.
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5048/...9495c6b1_o.jpg

Very cool. I've always been a huge fan of the Falcon.
    Dec 21, 2010, 11:00 AM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #67

cking said: View Post
    That's the cockpit set they built for the infamous holiday special. It's not the ANH set.
    Yes. Note the studio TV camera (not a 35mm film motion picture camera)
    Dec 21, 2010, 11:03 AM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #68

None of these angles would actually fit in a ship; just to be clear I'm not trying to solve the ship of riddles (although I almost tried, and was just barely pulled back from the brink) These dimensions and angles are all screen-based, trying to figure out what the set might have looked like.
    Keep in mind the cockpit set was never connected to the rest of the interior sets. It had its own small portion of corridor, just what was needed to be seen through the doorway.
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Dec 21, 2010, 12:55 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #69

yes looks like you're right treadwell, I also spotted the padding sticking out from the backwall and corrected it.

do you know if blueprints exist for the other portion, or just the cockpit?

Thanks for all the great compliments folks! I've been busy rebuilding the whole thing from the blueprints I got. More picture soon!

in the meantime here's one more panel (nearly) done.

From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Dec 21, 2010, 1:01 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #70

crackerjazz said: View Post
    Hi stevestarkiller - Eagerly awaiting for these if you mean flat panel views that can be printed out and stuck onto styrene : )
    Hey, sorry I didn't deliver on this yet guys. I started to make some flat panel views but realized I haven't finished enough to put out anything substantial. In the end I hope to make a sheet like the Ozzyguanche's, but that may be farther off than I thought.
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Dec 22, 2010, 7:56 AM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #71

also redid the hallways
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Dec 22, 2010, 8:16 AM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #72

take a look at the top band of light-boxes

I've noticed for a while that they don't match up from back wall to side panels the way they're supposed to in the plans, and indeed in the way they do in ESB and ROTJ. I added it in my design, since it adds some character I think

But, what I didn't notice was that Chewie's side actually does match up on the ANH cockpit the way it's supposed to (kind of dark in the picture with chewie, but it's there), while Han's doesn't. meaning that there are left to right differences in panel dimensions.... which means another cockpit refit.

EDIT:
    ah, found a nice clear shot of it:

Last edited by SteveStarkiller; Dec 22, 2010 at 10:27 AM.
    From
    Canada
    Dec 22, 2010, 9:48 AM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #73

AAAAAAAAAAH!!

Yep, Star Wars is riddled with these things, and you won't notice until you start digging. This is where I'd start to say: "Um, YEAH! Han was tinkering with the systems behind that panel while waiting for Luke and Obi-Wan to show up and popped it back into place wrong, mis-aligning the light bar. Yeah, that's what happened....."

Then I'd fix and align it, like on Chewie's side!
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Dec 22, 2010, 10:12 AM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #74

heh heh

I think I'm gonna make em all wonky, for fun and to keep up with my boastful claim of "screen accurate".

The problem is I can see a nit picker down the line saying my light boxes are wrong for being asymmetrical. Especially since that picture with chewie is one of the only ones where Chewie's head isn't completely blocking the joint/corner where the light boxes meet.

Guess it'll have to end up being one of those nods that looks wrong even though it's right.
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Dec 22, 2010, 10:26 AM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #75

oh PS

check this out:

are the blocade runner corridors where leia is zapped a redress of the falcon's main hold?

look at the ceiling supports and the arch dimensions, which just about match the hold's.