Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

Fellow RPFer Porteador made a fantastic all-metal falcon with complete interiors. The thread is still up here and I highly recommend it.

as for a physical cutaway made from my model, you'd need tardis technology to get it to work. Mine only fits through movie magic; the exterior disappears and is replaced by the interior model when the camera tracks up the ramp. Tonight I'll export an image with the interior and exterior visible (and transparent) so you can see just how much it doesn't fit.

One would have to change the scale of the interior like Polar Lights did with the lower deck of the J2 model. I didn't even bother to build the lower deck of mine.

That metal Falcon is incredible! I haven't seen that before. And I just can't get enough behind the scenes pictures!!!

I know I am a little late in offering help or references, but these may help. The cockpit graphics are of the ESB cockpit but as the original panels from ANH were used and dressed up for ESB, they are very simular. The ESB has an extra row of panels however as the cockpit was increased in depth from the original ANH plans. I see you have used the original full sized set plans. May help fill in the details your missing.

Saw you were still working on the Internal console (Not my graphics, do not know the original author) thought they may help with details.

Gun turret graphics if you are intending to do the walkthough to there.

Have you seen the falcon walk through from the old 1997 lucasatrs disk behind the magic? that may help with some areas of the internal falcon.

PS: if you let us know which areas you still need reference I may have a pic. Cockpit or internal.

I love what you have done, great job. I can not believe I didnt find this thread before.

Ozzy

Last edited:
Ozzy, ironically it was your designs that started this whole thing.

The first iteration of this project was a rough model based on a tiny scan of the blueprints, combine with a tiny copy of the panels you just posted. But I felt like I was swiping your work, so I started over from scratch (several times). Thanks for posting!

Been working on docking bay 94...

5424401395_c125682b1e_b.jpg

and here's a walkthrough with 94 as the setting:
YouTube - Docking Bay 94 and the Millennium Falcon (Virtual Tour)

and here, just for kicks, is the Colin Cantwell Prototype Millennium Falcon, which I happen to have modeled a year ago, parked in docking bay 94:

5424941384_376102e24d_b.jpg

5424341179_3da9884c8a_b.jpg

Last edited:
PS: if you let us know which areas you still need reference I may have a pic. Cockpit or internal.

Ozzy

Actually, if you have references of the boxes of levers that are in the top of the canopy? I have a pretty good shot of them from Rinzler's Making of ESB, but not much else. Also any shots of the Main Hold's ceiling. I really appreciate the offer!

Docking bay 94 - That is Sick.

The ANH documentary on You Tube pointed out as they walk into the bay on the left side of the door is a huge number "94". I never noticed it before because the numbers are so big.

Last edited:
My goodness! This just gets more and more awesome. Definitely close to the BUILDING THE DEATH STAR thread in terms of how much I look forward to updates!

My goodness! This just gets more and more awesome. Definitely close to the BUILDING THE DEATH STAR thread in terms of how much I look forward to updates!

I'm deeply flattered by that, Hal, thanks! the Death Star Build thread is amazing.

Stormy, that 94 blew me away when I first saw it, and yeah it had to be pointed out to me. That really should be where the walkthrough starts, since I have the stairs that go down from there anyway. I should also have a caption that says "what a piece of JUNK!" right when the falcon first comes into view. heh

Jiminstlouis, had to take a break from the interior for a while. I had a half complete docking bay from a couple years back, and I was able to pull it together suddenly. I have to say I'm pretty happy about it. although not totally satisfied. I'm happy with the flat back wall which more closely matches the set, but I had to rotate the falcon to get it to match the view from the screen cap. It really should be oriented parallel with the far wall, but I messed up the orientation of the entrance bay.

Last edited:
Man, this just keeps looking better and better!
What's next? All of Mos Eisley? :)

wellll, I did toy with the idea of doing a full movie walkthrough. You know, from the corridors of the blockade runner, to the interior of the escape pod, across the dune sea to the inside of a sandcrawler, on to the lars homestead and in a landspeeder to the Junland Wastes, from Ben's house to the bluff above Mos Eisley, to the cantina and on to Docking Bay 94, into the falcon, exit to the Death Star's shuttle bay, through the corridors to the detention block, into the garbage chute, across the chasm, back to the Falcon, on to the Rebel Base, into an X-wing, through the trench and finally onto the dais for medals and applause.

but we'll see...

wow, Thanks!

just been pouring over the details of the docking bay, in movie and behind the scenes, and I'm pretty much going to rebuild it from the ground up.

The seeds of this project have been germinating since I was a little kid, I'm really excited that it's finally fructifying and that I've finally got something to share with fellow fans. I'm glad you're all enjoying this!

WOAH MAMMA!! Can you make the image larger so that I can use it as a wallpaper!? PLEASE!? (1920 x 1200)??

unfortunately I'm limited to about half that because I'm using the unlicensed copy of indigo (the licensing fee is about 600 dollars, and from what I can see, making really big pictures is pretty much the only feature that gets unlocked...). I might export this to 3ds Max and render it there, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms.

anyway, I have to complete the docking bay from the new plans I just worked out, after that I can try to figure something out. Glad you're diggin it, Tek2graphics!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back