Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Aug 2010
    Feb 10, 2011, 4:43 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #251

That looks awesome. Keep up the good work!
  2. Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Feb 10, 2011, 5:03 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #252

SteveStarkiller said: View Post
    Qrest Fourstar: I had been avoiding 365 because it had too much prequel content, which is not in my realm of interest, however I'm clearly missing out. Before I take the dive and buy the thing, how detailed are these pictures? Do you have the book? I'm extremely interested in this model.

Aurora, I'll have to check that out, thanks! I'm sick to death of indigo.

I've got the picture scanned in. It's a maguette of the falcon interior set showing the location of the med bay. it's just 'north' of the opposite wall of the chess table.
  3. Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Feb 10, 2011, 5:24 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #253

Last edited by Qrest Fourstar; Feb 11, 2011 at 12:37 AM.
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Feb 10, 2011, 7:44 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #254

hey, if you posted a pic I can't seem to see it.
  5. Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Feb 10, 2011, 7:48 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #255

Do you do this for a living SteveStarkiller? If not I'm sure lucas arts would be very interested in someone with your skills
  6. Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Feb 10, 2011, 10:19 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #256

alreight I think I've fixed it. I opened up the security on those pics. You should just have to click on my webpage to get to them.
  7. Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Feb 10, 2011, 11:04 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #257

Hi all
    I noticed there has been some discussion about the green lights along the hallways of the falcon. The only mention of their function that I have ever come accross is from the comentary that accompanies the Behind the magic falcon walk through. It is said that these are decontamination units, used to kill bacteria, and the like.

PS: Paul, I cant see the pics either.

Ozzy
    Last edited by ozzyguanche; Feb 11, 2011 at 3:39 AM.
  8. Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Feb 11, 2011, 12:38 AM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #258

click on the my webpage button and go to my pics. they will be the first 2 pics there since I just uploaded them.
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Feb 11, 2011, 6:56 AM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #259

whoah, those are awesome Fourstar, I'm gonna have to think long and hard about this...

From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Feb 11, 2011, 9:49 AM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #260

Hmm, so the Med Bay Maquette is very interesting, but I think it looks more prospective than anything else. For starters, the location of the bunk is raised up to the same height as the bunk above the holochess couch. In ESB, I'm pretty sure that the bunk is normal bed height, as Leia has to bend down to kiss Luke's forehead. Also that open wall in the model is definitely closed in both ANH and ESB, with no chance of an unseen doorway (although admittedly from appearances the entire far wall is closed in ANH). Additionally the location of the hallway in the far wall of the maquette would preclude the doorway to the circuit bay.

On the other hand, I kind of like that little room in there.
  11. Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Feb 11, 2011, 4:52 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #261

I know the picture isnt the greatest, but the side view looks to me that there's two beds, one atop the other and Luke was in the bottom one.

But, that's MHO
  12. RPF Premium Member nick daring's Avatar
    From
    Austin TX
    Feb 11, 2011, 4:56 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #262

From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Feb 11, 2011, 6:43 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #263

you could be right at that. It probably wouldn't take too much to rig up a quick version of what's show here, just for fun
  14. RPF Premium Member Stormy320's Avatar
    From
    Pasadena, CA
    Feb 11, 2011, 11:27 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #264

Qrest Fourstar said: View Post
    I know the picture isnt the greatest, but the side view looks to me that there's two beds, one atop the other and Luke was in the bottom one.

But, that's MHO
    Post the pics please. I can't see them!
  15. RPF Premium Member Stormy320's Avatar
    From
    Pasadena, CA
    Feb 11, 2011, 11:28 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #265

Qrest Fourstar said: View Post

But, that's MHO
    nick daring said: View Post

Where did you get those. They are very cool!
  16. Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Feb 12, 2011, 5:57 AM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #266

They are from the book Star Wars 365 days. The book is in the basement ATM being used as a model refferenc. but on the page these pics are on, they even mentions these pics settle the arguement where the falcon's med bay is.

The book covers all 6 films and have many pics I had never seen before. It also comes with a cd-rom that is supposed to have stuff on it, but I could never get the thing to work.
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Feb 12, 2011, 9:51 AM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #267

so, it looks like this maquette might be accurate after all. glad I didn't actually bet on it.

That far wall is definitely open. whether the set's been fully decked out is still not clear to me. The camera is very shy of that corner, and the only pictures I've found are of an unfurnished hole in the wall. But I think that what's been built is supposed to represent and support what's in the maquette.

however, that room is strictly ESB, and my model is more or less strictly ANH. As you can see in the picture below, there's nothing there in ANH but a simple corrugated wall. However, if you were to add the opposite corridor to that wall in the picture below, it would take up half the wall which is shown below as closed, and which would make the main hold a dead end room. So I am taking some liberties, but as much as is possible I'm not trying to reconcile the ships from the two movies, let me be clear about that.

That said, I may make a quick version for of the med bay for this thread, because I'd like to see it.

Thanks for posting!
  18. Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Feb 12, 2011, 10:00 AM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #268

Ooo!! Never seen that top photo before!

Yeah, the med bay isn't there in SW, thats why I didn't think you wanted to ad it to yours.
  19. Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Feb 12, 2011, 5:59 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #269

As far as I am aware, and I dont know were I have read or seen this, but the open section of the wall was for filming only. As you can see in ANH much of the wide shots are taken over the top of the small computer panel backed onto the corrigated wall (removable wall) you can see in the last pic. I am pretty sure they built it the same way for the same reason in ESB and.

The medical bay/sleeping quarters is most always refered to as being on the other side of the ship. I think even the cartoon from the holiday special shows it there as well. I still have a copy I think.

Ozzy
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Feb 12, 2011, 6:51 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #270

The only reason I would think otherwise, Ozzy, is that the shape of the wall next to the corridor (in the still with 3P0) is identical to the shape in the maquette. At the very least I think they considered the additional room. But on the whole I'm with you that the area was ultimately just for filming, and that, as the location of the medbay, it couldn't be considered canon.

21. Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Feb 12, 2011, 9:19 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #271

Looks good though!!! LOL.

I found another one (Realy need to clean up all the reference pics and get them online to share and save) which is the original plans for the SW/ANH. No bay there.

Again dont know were the pic came from.

Ozzy
    Last edited by ozzyguanche; Feb 12, 2011 at 9:29 PM.
  22. Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Feb 12, 2011, 11:07 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #272

Ozzy, You are the man for rare Falcon pics!!
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Feb 13, 2011, 8:06 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #273

Nav chairs and pilot yokes at scale for a 5' Falcon cockpit (Part of a project for a fellow RPFer)

24. Member Since
    Jun 2010
    From
    Toronto
    Feb 13, 2011, 8:13 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #274

Those aren't real parts on the cutting mat, are they?
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Feb 13, 2011, 8:16 PM - Re: Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model) #275

if the mat weren't so low res, I think they'd even fool me. I guess this is why I put up with indigo.
    Last edited by SteveStarkiller; Feb 13, 2011 at 8:27 PM.