Master Replicas Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise Studio Scale Model

Proper

Hi, everyone. I'm new here so go easy on me.

I was fortunate enough to purchase the MR Studio Scale (1/350) Enterprise replica recently and I am overwhelmed, indeed. I built a handsome museum-style display pedestal for it and I had a custom acrylic case made to cover it.

Here's my dilemma: The main sensor dome/deflector dish “antenna” pointing forward is crooked, or more precisely, it angles a bit downward and just a tad starboard. Not a whole lot, but enough to make it rather noticeable. I’m afraid to try to bend it back, even with using heat to “relax” the plastic, for fear of breakage.

Has anyone else experienced this with this replica?

I just spoke to a representative of Factory Entertainment (FE), the company that bought out Master Replicas back in 2009, but they can’t help me with a spare deflector dish as they don’t carry anything in stock from MR. In fact, according to him, not even MR carried spare parts.

I’m very disappointed. :cry

Can anyone offer any ideas for a painless solution?

Thanks!

Yes, copper and aluminum; I bought one and it's great. Don't think they are still around though. Well worth it if you can find one. Good luck

Yes, copper and aluminum; I bought one and it's great. Don't think they are still around though. Well worth it if you can find one. Good luck

Thanks. It's along shot. I'm several years too late...

Last edited:
Proper!

I replaced my original sensor with one of the machined copper and aluminum ones made by Rylo, a beautifully made piece I might add.

I think I still have the original one around here somewhere, If your interested
Ill try to find it.

Al

Proper!

I replaced my original sensor with one of the machined copper and aluminum ones made by Rylo, a beautifully made piece I might add.

I think I still have the original one around here somewhere, If your interested
Ill try to find it.

Al

Yes, yes, that would be fantastic! Thanks so much! I assume it's straight? :thumbsup

I might be able to help if your close enough but don't know where you are. Why don't people put their locations in their profile....are they hiding? I don't need Longitude and Latitude ...at least an area so we have an idea where people are.

I might be able to help if your close enough but don't know where you are. Why don't people put their locations in their profile....are they hiding? I don't need Longitude and Latitude ...at least an area so we have an idea where people are.

Thanks! I'm in So. Cal. myself--I live in Santa Clarita but I work at Universal City. I will update my profile; I just registered today...

And by the way, Rylo doesn't do that any more... he already PM'd me.

My model had the same problem. MR SUX!

Anyway...

I bent it back VERY slowly. I didn't need to apply any heat. If you work the center rod very gradually, it will go back. Worked for me.

I ended up getting a RYLO dish and it is REALLY nice.

I’m sorry Proper, I looked for the dish today and can’t find it anywhere.
I found the spare clear parts for the lower dome and thought I had put the dish with them.

His is depressing because I know I didn’t toss them out.

Al

I’m sorry Proper, I looked for the dish today and can’t find it anywhere.
I found the spare clear parts for the lower dome and thought I had put the dish with them.

His is depressing because I know I didn’t toss them out.

Al

Argh!! :cry Well, thanks for looking, Forsaken. I'm hoping someone else out there can come up with a deflector dish they could part with.

If all fails and if I can manage to grow a pair I might try to take the advise of SD Studios and try to bend it back... with sweaty, trembling hands.

If all fails and if I can manage to grow a pair I might try to take the advise of SD Studios and try to bend it back... with sweaty, trembling hands.

It isn't the end of the world even if you do break it off. It can still be fixed. I'd still apply a little heat to it while bending to help "set" the resin or whatever its made of. I'd say if you do break it then take the dish to a machinist and have it copied. I can't advise any further since I hadn't seen one of these up close plus your about 2 hours drive for me to go see it but I am close to that area at times in Granada Hills.

It isn't the end of the world even if you do break it off. It can still be fixed. I'd still apply a little heat to it while bending to help "set" the resin or whatever its made of. I'd say if you do break it then take the dish to a machinist and have it copied. I can't advise any further since I hadn't seen one of these up close plus your about 2 hours drive for me to go see it but I am close to that area at times in Granada Hills.

TymerDC, if you do have an extra dish, I'm willing to pay what you think is fair for it, including shipping. Unless you meant just coming over to help me fix the problem. Maybe that's what you meant and I misunderstood you to mean that you had an extra dish.

Last edited:
I may have an extra dish, will have to check my stash this weekend, but they are going to release a 1/350 TOS kit this spring/summer. It will come in two different versions as well..

I may have an extra dish, will have to check my stash this weekend, but they are going to release a 1/350 TOS kit this spring/summer. It will come in two different versions as well..

That would be great, Mustang, please let me know! Thank you!

Sorry Proper......don't have an extra dish. I was just offering help since I'm in that area once in awhile.
Might be a good idea to have an extra dish on hand in case your attempts to straighten this one fails.

TymerDC, if you do have an extra dish, I'm willing to pay what you think is fair for it, including shipping. Unless you meant just coming over to help me fix the problem. Maybe that's what you meant and I misunderstood you to mean that you had an extra dish.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back