Thinking about buying a storm trooper outfit

hey, one more question...I just got around to rifling through this entire box...is there supposed to be instructions? Cause there ain't none :facepalm

The Anovos instructions are helpful, but the best guide is ukswrath, which also covers 501st modifications - https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-uswraths-anovos-tk-build-stunt/

There's also a Facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/838545079553903/

As for the quality, Anovos is pretty typical when it comes to armor kits. Yes, you have to cut out the pieces. Yes, you have to glue them together. That's why it's a kit! As for the pieces looking wonky or not perfectly aligning, that's all part of the charm of the ANH Stormtrooper. They were lopsided and thrown together, and the kit can be made to mimic that.

Don't be shy to ask questions.

Good luck with your build, and have fun!

Sean

Thanks, I'm thinking now also about looking up my local group of 501st. be a shame to only use it on Halloween giving out candy and the occasional party.
The Anovos instructions are helpful, but the best guide is ukswrath, which also covers 501st modifications - https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-uswraths-anovos-tk-build-stunt/

There's also a Facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/838545079553903/

As for the quality, Anovos is pretty typical when it comes to armor kits. Yes, you have to cut out the pieces. Yes, you have to glue them together. That's why it's a kit! As for the pieces looking wonky or not perfectly aligning, that's all part of the charm of the ANH Stormtrooper. They were lopsided and thrown together, and the kit can be made to mimic that.

Don't be shy to ask questions.

Good luck with your build, and have fun!

Sean

I'm having a devil of a time with the leg pieces lining up on this Anovos kit, has anyone else had this difficulty? The forearm parts were a bugger as well. Did I get a sloppy bunch of stuff, or is this normal? Also, the calf parts, once glued as instructed, I'm going to have a heck of a time getting my foot through the bottom of it...not to mention getting them out again. Any tricks to this I'm unaware of?
thanks

I'm having a devil of a time with the leg pieces lining up on this Anovos kit, has anyone else had this difficulty? The forearm parts were a bugger as well. Did I get a sloppy bunch of stuff, or is this normal? Also, the calf parts, once glued as instructed, I'm going to have a heck of a time getting my foot through the bottom of it...not to mention getting them out again. Any tricks to this I'm unaware of?
thanks

The thighs on my kit were tough too. I found the best approach was to attach the cover strip one side at a time. For the thighs, I flattened them out using some dumbbells. For the other pieces, I used zip ties to hold everything together while the adhesive dried.

As for the calf fitting, yes it's tight. Make sure you size them with your trooper boots on!

Some pics for reference.

Sean
80806529-8928-438A-AD0C-21B117CA6736.jpegFA95A6B4-C57E-433A-AC65-D14B2A9FCE42.jpeg

Excellent process! I've been using the magnets, and clamps but hadn't thought of the zip ties, awesome! Thanks! georditrooper suggested this discussion be carried on in another thread, and I suppose that's best, so not to clutter this one with replica talk. is there another existing thread? I was going to start one but didn't want to go to the trouble as I'm trying to get this done before Halloween.
The thighs on my kit were tough too. I found the best approach was to attach the cover strip one side at a time. For the thighs, I flattened them out using some dumbbells. For the other pieces, I used zip ties to hold everything together while the adhesive dried.

As for the calf fitting, yes it's tight. Make sure you size them with your trooper boots on!

Some pics for reference.

Sean
View attachment 847886View attachment 847887

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back