Original ANH Stormtrooper helmet and Armor - Just the Facts

Still think it would be interesting to see what was being said at the time vs our recollections. Especially for those who weren't around at the time.

IIRC, some who where most vocal about Ainsworth's scam got banned from here because of their insistence in keeping the record straight.

Yes I was before I got all the facts, and you wanted to be his best buddy until he told you to get lost. Wanna keep playing this game? Or do you want to just rehash the whole shootin match???

Looks like I let myself get baited into another craptastic kindergarten game. I apologize. The RPF doesn't need this sort of thing. It's Christmas, let's be cheery and friendly. This hobby should be our happy place. Peace,

Dave

Yes I was before I got all the facts
This is the important thing here, Dave. Granted, the lack of photographic proof was always there, some people needed to actually have a guy like Brian come and explain it. I am not saying it is bad that this is what it took for you to come around, just stating how it was. I'm not even close to the level of trooper knowledge some of you are, but the evidence that he was NOT using anything accurate was staring everyone in the face.

I think, and could be wrong, that some of you just thought "Hey, it's Andrew Ainsworth, he manufactured the Stormtroopers. He has to have the molds!" Again, it isn't wrong to have felt that way, but it was wrong in the face of the lack of evidence on his stuff that matched anything. It caused some of you to be rather myopic.

I'm just glad you are no longer one of his supporters and have come around. Everyone deserves a mulligan. :thumbsup

I think anyone who isn't totally delusional is on board with the truth. Having said that, some "self proclaimed experts" back in the day, were just as fooled by the guy and even planned partnering with him. Why rehash that sort of thing when it's history and frankly a worn out subject? Some guys just get off on opening Pandora's box, when they know good and well it is full of some really bad juju for them personally. Yet they do it anyway. Not cool.

I agree about the bad juju. I remember those who supported this guy, even after the truth came to light. I remember the one guy here who supported Raz as well, but posting that information serves no purpose. Well, okay...the Raz stuff maybe. :p

Yeah I kinda cringed back when all the info came out from Brian Muir and some guys were still up AA's butt. That was painful to watch. I'm pretty open minded if I don't have concrete proof and will give the benefit of the doubt way too long in some cases, but some cases ultimately become pretty open and shut. Folks who defend him now are pretty sad. If you want to give him kudos for being a production participant back in the day, that's cool. But for heaven's sake, don't fall for the lies today! A technician he is, but an artist, he ain't.

he he. kayak too!!!! I shouldn't be so harsh. Vacuuforming is an art in itself. So is fooling the court system. Give kudos where kudos are due!

The reason I started this thread was to try to sift out the facts from details that were brought forward in the court case - starting with the clay comparisons - to try to get to the truth - as much as we can.

I posted the recent interview to show that Ainsworth has embellished his story even further and it's important to try to get the facts (as we know them) documented as a point of reference.

I see no point in dredging up the past and all the negativity it caused in the Prop community - Ainsworth for one must relish that!

You are right Brian. He continues to change the story to suit him. I find it so odd that the UK courts don't see the changes in his story as an issue. Perhaps it's because they simply can't retry the case under UK law.

You are right Brian. He continues to change the story to suit him. I find it so odd that the UK courts don't see the changes in his story as an issue. Perhaps it's because they simply can't retry the case under UK law.

It makes no difference to the court case how Ainsworth changes his story now. The only issue for Lucasfilm, for the Supreme Court hearing, is to try to prove that the Stormtrooper is indeed art and not industrial.

Of course there were 3 or 4 people staunchly defending him for some reason. They know who they are.

The "some reason" is hardly a well kept secret in most of those cases, it was either because they were in some degree attached financially or business wise, being rewarded for their actions with favorable prices and low edition numbers, or merely a personal vendetta (aka common antagonist) against those who dared question him...

There were of course those that were truly fooled for lack of understanding and being able to spot the issues that were obvious to others or simply because they wanted to believe...

The only issue for Lucasfilm, for the Supreme Court hearing, is to try to prove that the Stormtrooper is indeed art and not industrial.

Brian if I may ask do you know if they still pursuing that route? It seems obvious that they would and should be joined and supported by every UK based production company, and even artist like yourself, but media coverage has been nil...

Hey, I just wanted to see someone with a South American username, from America do an Irish Jig and if that makes me a perv, then so be it. And no... I don't think the Irish wear kilts. They did wear something similar, but was likely called something else.

Brian if I may ask do you know if they still pursuing that route? It seems obvious that they would and should be joined and supported by every UK based production company, and even artist like yourself, but media coverage has been nil...

Yes it should come before the Supreme Court in March 2011

I started a thread showing footage of Liz sculpting aged 21 and have added photos of some of her work in the Movie Forum and I'll be adding a tribute page to my website

Brian:

Will you keep us posted as to when you add the Liz Moore section to your website? I'm sure a lot of us would love to see it...

Thanks!

It makes no difference to the court case how Ainsworth changes his story now. The only issue for Lucasfilm, for the Supreme Court hearing, is to try to prove that the Stormtrooper is indeed art and not industrial.

This is the problem, some people are under the impression all the lies he tells have a role in the legal outcome but they dont.
They're purely to bolster sales.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back