Anh Star Destroyer Devestator Parts Map

Incidentally, is anyone aware of any of the old kit manufacturers that might be operating under a different name or if any of the old patterns have been sold to and are being used by a different manufacturer? I seem to recall reading something about old patterns in use under a different brand name a few years ago but I can't recall which manufacturer the post referred to.

If I recall correctly the 1/48 bandai tanks were also available under the frog and fuman label. Try scalemates.com to find reissued/reused old model kits.

Anyone out there able to find this one? Can't seem to nail it down:

box.jpg

I think I might have a picture from underneath, let me check. That said, I think the part is solid on the bottom, thanks! I'll keep looking too - if I find it, I'll post.

Looks like a part I used on a custom build; it's tan colored, possibly Hanomag.
edit: Not Hanomag, that is grey. Stand by...

Thanks for looking! Eric has a grey part for his build so I've been keeping grey in the back of my mind. That said, I can't be sure that his is the correct part based on his images, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't. :)

Wow, sitting right in front of me this whole time - thank you! :lol Speaking of the Shinano, the parts labelled #2 in the second post in this thread in the "Neck Back" image are from the Shinano as well, not the Yamato, as indicated.

Thanks again!

Yes, again, kudos - one of the things that threw me is that the model makers filled the part on the bottom. :)

Edit: duh, the actual part is filled on the bottom as well, I'm not having a good part ID day :facepalm

Last edited:
Here's a part that I don't think was identified earlier in this thread - mounted to the Shinano part on the rear of the superstructure is a small part from the 1:35 Italeri BM-13 "KATYUSHA" kit (I just hijacked the image that appears at the beginning of the thread for continuity - apologies :) ):

BM-13.jpg

I think that only one of these parts has been identified publicly here on the forums, I thought that I'd point out the others in the grouping at the trailing edge of the hull as well (image kindly provided by Sumatra - thank you!):

hull_trailing_edge.jpg

Note: the part ID's in this area are the same on each side of the model, although part 11 from the Panther G is used on one side, and part 12 is used on the other (they're mirror images of each other, with the exception of the small panel details, etc.). The two flat panel plate parts attached to the top and bottom hull plates are from the Panther G turret, cut in half and cut down to fit.

Cheers!

While we're back here, there's another part that I think was mis-identified in the original post. I think it's labeled as #31 (hard to tell given the .jpg compression) and identified as being from the Airfix 1/600 Scharnhorst - I believe that it's actually from the Revell 1/570 "Battle of Midway" kit:

revell_midway.jpg

revell_midway2.jpg

I hope this goes without saying, but if you've ID'd any parts that haven't been called out already, please feel free to contribute. :) I've got a bunch more that I'm going through that I'll continue to post as well (or maybe there's not a lot on interest in this ship?)

Cheers!

If I wasn't flat out on my current projects I would be on this in a heartbeat. Would love to build the SS model.
Are you going to do a half scale?
Would be great just to mill the wood frame and the perspex covering:thumbsup

That's the plan - may turn into a full scale at some point, but it's going to start out at half scale with scaled 3D printed donor parts combined in sub-assemblies (at half scale some of them would be way too small to handle and position individually IMHO :) ).

Hey all,

Anyone have an idea as to which kit this small part (the same part is on the other side of the Washington part as well, for symmetry) might have come from?

part_question.jpg

Thanks again go to Sumatra for the image. :)

Edit: Got it, it's from the Hasegawa 1/450 Yamato. Here are the rest of the parts on the structure, for good measure:

superstructure_details2.jpg

Note: You can get the Aurora parts here from a bunch of their 1/600 kits, not just the New Jersey.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back