BTTF - 'Hovering' Hoverboard from hoverboard.org.uk

Alan Castillo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
( ... that's 3 hoverboards in the title :lol )

The delivery man didn't manage to get it to me yesterday, but rather than wait till Monday, I went to get it myself.

I love it ! Beautifully crafted, and it is rather heavy, just like I expect a skateboard to be, especially one with all the mechanics in it to make it float :lol

HB1-600x183.jpg

HB2-600x234.jpg

But it had this warning on the wrapping

HBlabel.jpg

NOT TRUE !!! Here, see, it does hover :angel -

HB3-469x600.jpg

HB4-600x399.jpg

It truly is a wonderful item, and I am so glad I (finally) decided to get this :)

Last edited:
Looks really good but that back kick plate looks a bit too high.Isn't the hoverboard from the films backplate set alot lower?

Yes even in that picture your backplate still seems a bit high up and the board used in that scene is a foam board not plastic as you can see on the front tip of the board in the screencap.I also noticed there's no neon velcro on the board which you can clearly tell in the screencap there is light green velcro not dark green tape.I also don't see the white band underneath the pink furry part on your replica.Your right there are alot of versions of this hoverboard in the film but if your comparing your replica to this screencap to me personally is not accurate.I'm not trying to be mean I'm just saying what i see in comparison.

Yes even in that picture your backplate still seems a bit high up and the board used in that scene is a foam board not plastic as you can see on the front tip of the board in the screencap.I also noticed there's no neon velcro on the board which you can clearly tell in the screencap there is light green velcro not dark green tape.I also don't see the white band underneath the pink furry part on your replica.Your right there are alot of versions of this hoverboard in the film but if your comparing your replica to this screencap to me personally is not accurate.I'm not trying to be mean I'm just saying what i see in comparison.

you can never please everyone.

none of the props were made from plastic, but we make them that way as it gives a better finish than wood or foam which makes for a much higher quality replica. the board's graphics (and velcro parts) are taken from a stunt board (like the one on profiles' auction) and the kick angle from the image above as this is a very clear shot showing the angle (which when compared to ours is almost spot on to that), obviously the angle photo's are taken at of things with angles makes them look different (steeper or a more gentle slant). As i said though, with the hoverboard, you can never please everyone. if you want to discuss it more (i'm always happy to talk hoverboard) feel free to pm me, as this is Alan's showoff thread, lets not derail it :)

Last edited:
Can't wait for some xmas mulah to get me one of those boards! Also razorsharp192 told me that for a little extra they could put the green velcro on the board, which I plan on doing.

Sweet! I wonder of there is a way to make it float with magnets (that wouldn't cost a fortune, I mean!)
Like those floating pens or globes...

You still have to have it tethered somehow of course.
I love the way you have that one displayed, looks great!

I don't think I could resist the temptation to stand on it though. :p

Hi Alan. I also have a Hoverboard.org.uk board and am looking to display it like yours but haven't been able to figure out a good way since it is a heavier board. How is your display holding up!? Would you be willing to give away your secret as to how this is connected to the wall? Thank you so much.

Holding up well, with lots of weight on it since then

btfn3-945x632.jpg

No secret whatsoever. 2 metal rods from your local ironmonger, 2 holes in the wall, and absolutely nothing else :lol

HBDisp-710x475.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back