Nightmare Before Christmas Puppets

Jaeg

Hi, I've been a lurker around here primarily looking at puppet replicas. People have made various replicas for PuppetMaster but what about the Corpse Bride and Nightmare Before Christmas. I own a Master Replica Jack and the closest thing I've seen for the Corpse Bride is Jun Planning dolls. Any homebrew replicas out there? I myself am attempting to make a Mayor puppet/doll. Still new to sculpting but my first couple of tries have been promising.

EDIT - Pictures
Here's some shots of my Mayor in progress. Not the greatest sculpt but it's my first and I like him. A tad burnt on the top but since I'm going to paint him it should be ok. His lips will be a piece of wire because I quite frankly couldn't get a uniform enough piece of sculpey that thin. From this point on I'm just going to treat him as a resin kit and do some filling and sanding to get him nice and smooth. The head is about 5" tall.

Last edited:
Right now all I have completed is a small scale head sculpt. He's going to be in scale with my MR Jack. I'm debating on giving him interchangeable eyes and mouth. Probably won't. Something I've noticed is that since they rarely show all of his hat in the movie they were able to use a stand that attached to the top of his hat to keep him up right.

I do have a question about him. Is his clothes sculpted or are they actually fabric like Jack?

I have a feeling my title may be misleading.. I'm getting a lot more views than older topics...

Last edited:
back when nightmare before christmas first came out i made a marionette of sally for an school project. unfortunately i have no photos of it. way before digital cameras :(

Ah Nightmare Before Christmas, that brings back memories, its actually what got me into prop building and making movies and everything! I think I saw a Instructable about making a 7" tall Jack, but besides that, I think if they ever did make puppets, they're long gone now,

Your friend in time,
BOXMAN8745

Ok I'm a perfectionist and the old head just wasn't cutting it for me. I should of looked at pictures while I made it so I lobbed off the top of his head covered him with sculpey again and made new faces. Looks a lot better now.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back