UNCHARTED: Among Thieves - Drake's Journal

DARTH SABER

Master Member
Spent a lot of time working on this over at the Paper Props forum, thought Id put the final showoff thread here.

Big thanks to the guys who contributed over at the Uncharted thread in the paper props forums, and a special thanks to Kredeprops, who had already recreated the final 12 pasted pages and sent me his hi-res files for printing.

IMG_0933.jpg

sample1copy.jpg

sample2.jpg

sample3.jpg

sample4.jpg

sample5.jpg

sample5a.jpg

sample6.jpg

sample7.jpg

sample8.jpg

sample9copy.jpg

sample10.jpg

sample11.jpg

sample12.jpg

sample13.jpg

sample14.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome work. I love adventure style journals with stuck in pages and clippings. The Grail Diary is the classic, but it's great to see something new and different. Love it. :)

Thanks everyone.

Thats awesome!!!!!!

Possible Run? :)

I would love to do a run...Unfortunately all of the illustrations done on the notebook paper were done by hand, which ended up taking me weeks to do (especially with my schedule).
Considering the amount of work, I don't think I have it in me to do a run.

DS

Maybe you should scan these pages in high res, and makethe run from these files...

How many pages got the journal?

Or maybe I should just try it by myself... ?!?:confused

Maybe you should scan these pages in high res, and makethe run from these files...

The only problem is that many of the illustrations are directly drawn onto the pages of the journal.
I would have to undo the stitching on the journal, remove the pages from the journal, put them through the printer (and hope the prinout comes out OK) and somehow figure out a way stitch them back in.

Ok.... understand... :)

So... In case I would try Drakes journal by myself, is there something you help out?!?

First, any chance to make a screenshot from the diary in the game on PS3 somehow?!?

I think I can draw the paintings myself, so maybe just need the insert files like photos and pictures, what are glues in.

Dont know exactly, but maybe you can make a post with all important information I need (what book & size, drawing techniques)...

Its late now, I will take a look tomorrow in the thread again and see what I can do with my skills...

Thanks...

Ok.... understand... :)

So... In case I would try Drakes journal by myself, is there something you help out?!?

First, any chance to make a screenshot from the diary in the game on PS3 somehow?!?

I think I can draw the paintings myself, so maybe just need the insert files like photos and pictures, what are glues in.

Dont know exactly, but maybe you can make a post with all important information I need (what book & size, drawing techniques)...

Its late now, I will take a look tomorrow in the thread again and see what I can do with my skills...

Thanks...

You can either go into the Uncharted: Among Thieves paper props thread and use those screencaps, or just take a photo of the PS3 image on the TV, (thats what I did)

Ill post some more info later. I gotta run right now.

Here is the link to the Uncharted Paper Prop thread:

http://www.therpf.com/f40/uncharted-2-among-theives-73642/

Everything you will need is there. Good Luck.

Darth Saber, the journal looks outstanding. I have to remind myself that it is real and not from the game. Incredible work.

Best,
DBCooper (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Oh yes, that's right. Check out the uncharted prop thread. I posted a lot of my techniques on there, along with the inserts for the journal.

I watched walkthroughs on youtube and was able to make some screen caps. Not the best but usable in some cases.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back