WWII Sci-Fi Experimental Nazi Mech Suit

That looks great, very comic-book-ish, which is a good thing!
A suggestion, if you know any WWII german reenactors, ask them to pose for you so you could drop in the suite in the image. Would look better than the dolls.

Scott

Nice work! I'm assuming you're a fan of the SF3D stuff too? If you're not, then you will be when you see it.

Nice work! I'm assuming you're a fan of the SF3D stuff too? If you're not, then you will be when you see it.

Yeah, I really wonder why Moffeaton hasn´t shown up yet, he usually feels it when someone types "Maschinenkrieger" oder "SF3D" and pops up :confused Maybe if I type "Kow Yokoyama" three times in front of a mirror ...

LMAO! I finally met him a few years ago. He came out to Portland for Kow's first (and so far only) US appearance. You thought it was funny that I couldn't title a thread properly, you should have seen me after 38 hours with no sleep in Portland. I was as sharp as a marshmallow.

Cool realization of an equally cool concept! I like it a lot.
One thing though - the machine gun looks like a Browning .30/.50 hybrid. Something modeled after a German MG would enhance the looks of the suit IMO.

I just saw that someone resurrected this. Thanks for the kind words. Agreed, it does look similar to Maschinen Krieger stuff, probably because both are inspired by WWII German armored vehicles. But I think the MK stuff is lot more imaginative design-wise. I really had to throw this thing together in about 2 weeks with stuff I had lying around. That's why the gun looks like a Browning because I had a spare barrel jacket from 1/6 toy. Though the barrel itself is from a 1/35 Tiger I and the receiver is scratch built. I did post this on a 1/6 scale modeling board and a guy sent me a spare MG34 toy he had lying around which was very nice. But I'm probably going to use that for another project as I'm kind of done tinkering with this piece. It's now on the shelf gathering dust.

As for the future of this project, it's way on the back burner. I went to over 15 production companies with this (including some biggies like Bad Robot and Kurtzman/Orci, which is in the Amblin offices where I got to pet Steven Spielberg's dogs). Getting a high concept project like this with no preexisting source material (comic book, graphic novel, or whatever) by a complete unknown (me) made in this town is about as impossible and impossible gets. And though I made that short video for only $2,000, it's really hard to convince someone that this could be done for under 40 million. So, I'm just concentrating on some much lower budget stuff right now and maybe some day this will pan out. Or not. Rejection is 95% of the job.

But it's extremely encouraging to hear from you guys that I'm not the only one who's into this kind of thing. So thanks for posting!

I don't think your design is any less imaginative. You just went a a different route with the materials available to you. Maybe I'm biased...I love kit bash and scratch built stuff and I am attracted to powered armor designs. I have 3 or 4 GB worth of power suit reference material, most of it SF3D original and custom builds, but I also saved anything even remotely related like deep water hard suit designs, concept and fan art for SF3D, WH40K, Starship Troopers, etc. There's a lot of great stuff out there, but it's usually a variation on an established theme. Yours has the ring of an original design to it.

Really nice job on the models & the video. Alternate history is my cup of tea as well. I've got a few years of experience with a Canon HV-30, Pinnacle Studio, and Reaper audio software with a helping Rhino 3D & green sceening/compositing thrown in. Manual & CNC milling/lathe work. But building and manipulating real objects holds the greatest appeal for me. About to add a cnc router. The Nazi "secret weapons" theme definitely needs to be expanded upon in my lifetime. I'll see what I can come up with and report back.

Keep it going.
Dan

We saw how successful Captain America was with the WW2 theme.

There is so much rich history in that era. I can't wait to someone makes a film with that era and adds some sic-fi, and new characters.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back