Huge styrofoam blocks?

We got a local factory that makes large Styrofoam blocks for roofing insulation and landscaping. Haven't bought blocks from them, but loose beads (I use them for beanbags) run roughly $3/ft3 if memory serves. I'll post actual prices when I go back next.

They do exist. Here in Williamsburg Va. at Busch Gardens large blocks were used to make the ice cave at the penguin exhibit during Christmas.
Perhaps if you could contact them they could help. They set them up in the huge area of the Festhause where they cut and shaped them there.

You might want to contact the guy who built Foamhenge - he's in Virginia, and obviously had access to HUGE styrofoam blocks... :)
http://www.brytr.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/DavidatFoamhenge.jpg
BTW, I have no idea who the kid is - just a photo I found through Google...

Mark Cline is the artist who made that. He sculpts a lot of fiberglass characters for theme parks and businesses as well as for his own art installations. We took a family trip to Natural Bridge a couple of years ago and visited foamhenge in person. It includes a wizard who's face is a death cast of an actual person Mark was friends with. http://www.adammcbryde.com/enchantedcastlestudios.com/

Hey every one I have 2 4x4x8 Styrofoam block's that I'm willing to get rid of if anyone is interested please let me know I will make a great deal on them for whom ever is interested

If you go to a styrofoam manufacturer and talk to someone in charge, you can occasionally get lucky enough to get free stuff... They stack their foam on huge pallets and if the top few sheets get damaged for whatever reason they'll usually recycle the whole pallet. If you ask nicely they might give you a couple damaged pallets worth. One year we managed to score a whole Uhaul's worth of varying sized sheets (1x4x8 was the largest I believe and we got a few of those) for a Halloween maze we built... had enough foam to build a full castle facade for my house, sculpt four different statues, a row of crypts, tombstones for the graveyard plus the entrance to the maze and had a a stack of foam taller than me left over... Was able to build full scale Ion canons and a STAP and battle droid for an episode 1 promotion at the local TRU (this was a few years ago, lol) with the leftovers and STILL had foam left...

that was a fun year...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back