DancinFools Iron Man Mark III Pep Files - New Chest Started

re: DancinFools Iron Man Mark III Pep File Development

So there isn't such a large gap on the inner elbow? Of course, a builder could always add more to the form when building...

This is a very crude representation of what I mean. Just extend the top of the bicep. I realize this could be done easily outside of the 3d pep world.. but if he is already tweaking etc.. why not make this subtle change?

bicep-mod.jpg

@ DF.
I have already pepped the pelvis but I think I may have made it too big. So I will wait for the new pelvis and abs. Might as well do it right.

@ Jordan
Darn you ,lol. You bring this up after I resined and rondoed my biceps.:lol I didn't even realize the gap that is present. :confused I may be able to work something out with it. :confused

Ha! Sorry vshore. Should be an easy mod though.

P.S. I was born July 6... saw your profile.

@ DF.
I have already pepped the pelvis but I think I may have made it too big. So I will wait for the new pelvis and abs. Might as well do it right.

@ Jordan
Darn you ,lol. You bring this up after I resined and rondoed my biceps.:lol I didn't even realize the gap that is present. :confused I may be able to work something out with it. :confused

The model looks spectacular. May I suggest that the shoulders be pulled back a bit? He looks like he is forward-shrugging, and the body posture could be optimized somewhat.

Also, I don't know if the helmet's eyes are the way they are due to the lowered polygon count. I thought I'd contribute a Photoshop comparison and line overlay analysis. This is not perfect because I don't know what the "camera" distances are.

Hopefully this can help towards a more accurate look. :thumbsup

dancin-_fool.jpg

Randy - will you be giving us peps for the gauntlets (hands) and feet as well? Robo's Mk IV files are excellent, but the Mk III is slightly different.

I will definitely being doing hands and feet as well, next up on the block is the calves, probably followed by the feet, then hands, then an overall final pass on all the pieces.

Itsy Bitsy Suggestion for your DFool?

I know it was something that others modded and perhaps you've already made this in the upcoming ZIP containing all new stuff... but...

Can you extend the top of bicep like others have done?

Just my suggestion. Looks amazing! No criticism intended.

That was definitely a problem with the bicep, in my max file I've already lengthened it a bit and I'll be doing more work on it when I do my final pass over all the pieces.

The model looks spectacular. May I suggest that the shoulders be pulled back a bit? He looks like he is forward-shrugging, and the body posture could be optimized somewhat.

Thanks for the feedback I'll give that a try, I've got a human body model, underneath which I've kind of settled all the pieces on.

Also, I don't know if the helmet's eyes are the way they are due to the lowered polygon count. I thought I'd contribute a Photoshop comparison and line overlay analysis. This is not perfect because I don't know what the "camera" distances are.

Hopefully this can help towards a more accurate look. :thumbsup

Yeah the head could use a lot of work it was the first thing I modelled on the suit and it was after quite a few year hiatus in modelling. I figure there's so many better helmets out there though it's not worth fixing up right now.

I've finished work on the abs,spine and pelvis and sent a link off to Bimmer who's going to help with the unfolding. Here's a shot of the finished pieces. Sorry it's taken so long but stuff always comes up in real life.

ironarmordec20.jpg

Om nom nom nom!

I think once these files are done, we'll have another series of builds (including me! I've been holding off just so I can use these!).

Sorry guys, i have the files but i've had a lot on my plate in the past few days. i'll get to the files as soon as i can

Hey Bimmer. I didn't mean to rush your unfolding. I was bumping for progress on the entire suit. Dancin mentioned finishing up some parts and then reworking the whole thing with little tweaks here and there. I am going to unfold myself whenever I get my hands on the pep... I do things a bit diff anyways.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not even *thinking* about starting until after New Year's. My time is totally taken up with Christmas preparations.:)

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not even *thinking* about starting until after New Year's. My time is totally taken up with Christmas preparations.:)

Yup same here, I only usually have around one night a week to work on the files so the going is slow but I'll keep posting as I make progress. For anyone else wanting to work on their own unfolds.

IronMan_FrontAbs.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
IronMan_Pelvis2_2.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
IronMan_Spine.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
IronMan_SideAbs.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

YAY thanks DF for this early christmas gift!!! will there be any supports available for these? Thanks again DF

Last edited:

YAY thanks DF for this early christmas gift!!! will there be any supports avalible for these? Thanks again DF

There's a support for the pelvis, but I don't think the abs will need supports as they're all individual pieces. I always add a lip on my pieces to try to give them additional support.

If the support doesn't feel like enough for the pelvis though I can upload another separate file with supports for the top of the pelvis. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back