Fallout New Vegas: NCR Veteran Ranger Finished! pg 8

Hey,im looking to craft that costume,can you write down the all materials used by yourself while building this costume + mask ? Thank you :)

Hello there, I was just wondering how much this entire costume cost you to make. I am honestly too lazy to go and look in the past posts for the answer, sorry about that. But I am astonished by your work and I wish to replicate it myself as a side project whilst going through school.Thank you,Nanatitesue

Re: Fallout New Vegas: NCR Veteran Ranger

Thanks for the tip! I had been working with foam board from a pre-engineering/drafting class in high school that we used to make house models. I had been considering styrene as an alternative crafting material but I was still unsure about how best to connect all the pieces once I have them in the shapes I want.

Re: Fallout New Vegas: NCR Veteran Ranger

So I know it's been 5 years sense you posted this but I was wondering if you knew where to get the duster thank you for any help you can spare

I really want to make this armor as well as many other different cosplay outfits. But I do not have the knowledge or the skills on how to even start. If anyone could either please help me or help me find something that could teach me that would be awesome; and you would be helping me follow one of my dreams.

I really want to make this armor as well as many other different cosplay outfits. But I do not have the knowledge or the skills on how to even start. If anyone could either please help me or help me find something that could teach me that would be awesome; and you would be helping me follow one of my dreams.
i would recommend looking at punished props on youtube with bill doran, he also has a book specifically on making foam weapons and Armour

there are also newer posts of people making this, given this thread is 6 years old, i am also making it but i have hit a wall that when i pass i will post all about it

Going in game would be the best way..take some screenshots of an NPC wearing it, equip a sniper rifle and zoom in if you want better close ups.

If anyone is interested I offer the screen accurate white transfer decals and vinyl masks (large numbers) that will make your NCR Veteran Ranger helmet look the best. Send me a PM for more information.
Helmet Details 01.jpgHelmet Details 02.jpgHelmet Details 03.jpgHelmet Details 04.jpgHelmet Details 05.jpg20161117_094700.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I did this exact thing a couple years ago for a possible helmet/bust sculpt, here: http://www.405th.com/forums/threads/f-nv-ranger-helmet-with-3d-printed-parts.38815/#post-688096

Looks to me like @darkside501st's decals are near enough dead on.

Yeah, I took in game reference shots as well as collected all the promo images. I also got ahold of the bmp map for the in game character model which allowed me to zoom in on all the details. Our graphics are as screen accurate as you can get without somehow getting ahold of the original hi-def bmp maps for the model they used in the promo images. They may prove that one or two tiny details are slightly off. We also identified and defined those 'unexplained' marks on the in game character's helmet. I have seen many people making some of these into actual details carved into the helmet in the form of slots and such. To see the full resolution just open the images in new tabs.
New_Collage_FEB_21.jpg Small Hose Kit Details.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back