Fallout New Vegas: NCR Veteran Ranger Finished! pg 8

Re: Fallout New Vegas: NCR Veteran Ranger

really? small world, heh.

i managed to get ahold of a pepakura file of the head, i'm skipping the helmet and going straight to the mask, but damn, 5 hours of cutting out shapes with an xacto knife, my fingers are numb.

P9250609.jpg

P9250610.jpg

P9250611.jpg

I feel your pain. I have pep files for a ton of fallout weapons. I'm gonna cheat and use them to cut out wood and make them. This is turning out really good so far.

yeah, i have the same plan for plastic.
i doubt i will use this pep for the mask, but it gives me a great feeling of scale.

Dammit, you beat me to the punch!

I just bought a new set of EVA foam just to do an NCR ranger, too. All in all, it looks great so far! Just weather it some and you're good to go!

Great work on the mask there, many find that one the hardest.

i appreciate the compliments everyone,
though the mask being built out of plastic its pretty close to my skill set.
the coat will be the real trial, since you can't sand or glue fabric (unless your weathering it but you get the idea)
i have limited sewing experience, and the only real attempt was my scarecrow costume i shared on these boards.

Last edited:

Subscribed! Looking really good, that chest armor turned out great. I'd love to get my hands on the pep file for the mask myself.

Subscribed! Looking really good, that chest armor turned out great. I'd love to get my hands on the pep file for the mask myself.

well, then theres no reason why not to share it then!

NCRVR1.jpg

Originally Posted/Created by Hugh Holder of the 405th.
4shared.com - free file sharing and storage

i'm my opinion this is a great pep file, i did take it upon myself to score a few extra areas for additional detail, such as the "bridge" of the nose of the mask, but it was very easy to build.

Last edited:

i joined this forum to watch this thread progress

Well thank you!

right,
have been hacking and bending away at this metal helmet with limited success.. i guess since the thing was made to deflect bullets, i should have expected it to be tough to shape.
i'll be grinding and cutting a few pieces off and then applying some bondo before i distress it further and give it a desert waste color.

P9260623.jpg

needs more off the sides i think.

the wife stole the mask earlier too, before i chopped it up.
P9250618.jpg

and i'm chopping up half the mask to make templates from, so i can reassemble the mask in plastic over thanksgiving holiday.
P9260625.jpg

Hey came along this post after a google search and I joined the fourms heh... I plan to make an NCR ranger outfit as well. Outfit looks awesome!!!!!!!! I was going to throw an idea at you modify this costume duster? The only problem is that its shiney! maybe you can find a way to make it more canvas like! For the bullet holes just unload a gun to where you want the holes lol Tell me what you think!

Duster Coat Adult Costume UR29020 Underwraps, $43.99

-TuffPoo

To make that coat less shiny you could just soak it in hot water and then go at it with 0000 steel wool. It will make the coat less shiny and depending on how hard you scrub it a worn effect.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back