The 'Ideal' Obi ANH Derwent Interconnect Replica

Re: The 'Ideal' Obi ANH Derwent Interconnect Replica

Hi everyone. It's time for me to admit that I just don't have time for this hobby anymore. Although I may kibbitz a thread and will always be happy to provide 'eyeballing' sort of feedback, the days of projects, measurements and photographic comparison setups are over for me (at least I hope I will be able to resist any temptation ;) ).

For this project, my machinist is just being evasive and I'm done with trying. I do have another possible source but I don't think anything will come of that for a while and if it does I will hope someone else can coordinate things.

I do want to see the specs get out into the prop world in some way, so I'll be mulling that over.

As always, I strongly encourage you all to go public with design issues when a vendor is talking about a project. When the right chamfers and dimensions are defined in a public thread it's a lot harder for a vendor to ignore the issues and just make something the easy way by guesstimation and approximation. ;)

I'm very sorry to hear this, Andres. I hope everything's okay with you - I know we haven't communicated in a long while now. Life gets in the way.

I may be able to resurrect this project in some way soon.
The plan is to provide a push-fit reflector cone to compliment the emitter - then a grenade to follow later.

I'll start a new thread when I know more.

Last edited:

GH took the words right out of my mouth...

I sure was counting on this LAST piece.
Man...At this point I'd settle for aluminum if it's the right shape...
Oh well...

I may be able to resurrect this project in some way soon.
The plan is to provide a push-fit reflector cone to compliment the emitter - then a grenade to follow later.

I'll start a new thread when I know more

That would be fantastic Howard, I hope you can keep this project alive since it is the final piece for many people here. Thank you!!! :cool:thumbsup

-Ss

Hi guys been speaking with Howard. I will have a sign up list for these with all prices in the next day or so, There will be a price for a ALU and STEEL. Soon as I have prices I will post to let you know.
Thanks
Russ

Thanks will have prices very soon , Just sorting some thing out and I'll be right on it, Also be offering gears as well!! :)

Thanks
Russ

Russ,

Just curious, will the prices be based at all on the number of sign-up's you get?

Also, any idea yet how the steel you will be using will weather? I'm not certain to be honest, but I may be speaking for a few folks that are wondering how easy it will be to obtain the weathered look of the original based on the materials chosen.

Thanks for letting me be a pain in the arse ;)

-Ss

Hi mate I will put prices up for say 10 people, and put few up for 20-30-40 etc...That way will work out much cheaper, But I'll price for 10. As for the weathing, I will find out what steel it will be from,

Russ

Hi Guys I will have prices for you to night on the ALU Emitter!!!And prices for steel in a day or so, I was gonna say go for mild steel bit easier to machine can be weathered, or polished so best for both and materail is not to costly :)

Russ

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back