Predators - Royce Costume

The gloves are on the way as is the scarf and the belt pouches. Still don't have the belt or holster or much of anything else... Going one piece at a time on this. Still debating whether to add additional weathering to the shirt.

So, my shemagh came in today and instead of going with the 4537 Rotcho Lightweight, I went with the 8537 Standard... and I blew it. I am thinking it MUST be the 4537, as the 8537 is SUPER thick once you fold it that way Royce wears it in the movies...

So, my shemagh came in today and instead of going with the 4537 Rotcho Lightweight, I went with the 8537 Standard... and I blew it. I am thinking it MUST be the 4537, as the 8537 is SUPER thick once you fold it that way Royce wears it in the movies...
If you look closely the scene where Royce uses the shemagh to protect him from the smoke, you can see it´s not so thin, as in other scenes. May be they used both of them. I folded mine and it wasn`t that thick. I folded first in half forming a triangle, and then rolled it from the extrems.

I folded first in half forming a triangle, and then rolled it from the extrems.

This is what I did as well and the 8537 ends up feeling like a beach towel wrapped around your neck. I am glad they are cheap because I'll just drop the 8537 in my survival pack and order the 4537 for my Royce costume.

Just wanted to throw this out for anyone who is looking to buy Royce's Tops 107C Steel Eagle knife. This is the cheapest place I could find it at $127! Most places are selling it between $149-$170. Snag it while you can!

Tops Steel Eagle, Black Linen Micarta Handle

Mine should be in today and from there, I am going to finalize an order for custom shotshell molle panels. If they are a success, I will do a small run of them for those who are interested.

Edit:

And here is the pic! Knife is super thick and heavy!!! Not very practical, but intimidating!

View attachment 42414

I found this hemp:
Natural Hemp Surfer Bracelet or Anklet - Ijitsa

natural_hemp_bracelet.jpg

Looks the same braid type
PDVD_19.jpg

may be with this this end:
imagephpa.jpg

f_42295.jpg

but this picture
Royce_Predators_BlackHawk_Omega_Holster.jpg

may suggest this one
imagephp.jpg

Just an idea!

Ohhh... I like that very first one!

I have a couple of pics of the bracelet, and like you, I am unsure of the ends, although they do seem to be a bit long. Will look today.

BTW, I am in the proces of having shotshell panels protyped. If they turn out well, I may offer a very short run, here on the RPF.

I believe this photo shows that his bracelet has no loop and is just tied like the last photo you posted, so what you are looking for is a Square-knot hemp bracelet in natural color with ties, which appears to be available in the very first link you posted! :D

It is possible that this is a loop and tie closure as well... Not sure.

View attachment 42673

BTW, something else we might as well start looking into... We can get the replica predator machete pretty cheaply, but it has no scabbard. In looking at the movie, I haven't seen a super clear shot of it. I hate going to the toys, but Hot Toys usually does an amazing job and this is what they are showing. Guess we need to confirm / deny that this is indeed what we need and then we need to start looking for someone who can make these to fit the predator machete.

1775.1.jpg

Hazelrah, having a paracord bracelet would make a LOT of sense, but I think in this case, Royce's bracelet is purely ornamental and is too small to be paracord.

Capture_004a.jpg

Here is what it seems to be the other tie end. I will choose this option althought I think they used it just in this close up shot.
imagephp.jpg

Edit:Hazelrah, I will follow your advice and do it myself!!!

There seems to be a knot there!
3535767pred.jpg

Last edited:
I think that is a good idea for anyone doing this costume. It allows the most accurate sizing to your frame and gives you the option to adjust the cord width accordingly. I've had many hemp bracelets in the past, some that looked too feminine and some that were just way too bulky...all because I bought them pre-made and the cording was just off.

Alright, here is my initial weathering. It is really hard to get enough to make it show up for photos without overdoing it. I think the weathering on the vest is just about perfect... maybe need to take it down just a tiny bit, but the weathering on the shirt is so light, it is hard to see. This was all done my mising grey tinted fuller's earth with water then randomly painting it on with a brush and sponging it back off with a towel.

attachment.php

I LIKE IT!!! :love Gotta get down to weathering mine, what recipe did you use (Acrylic and Fuller's with some dirt?). Once I get the 5.11 shirt I'll prolly do the same.

BTW, something else we might as well start looking into... We can get the replica predator machete pretty cheaply, but it has no scabbard. In looking at the movie, I haven't seen a super clear shot of it. I hate going to the toys, but Hot Toys usually does an amazing job and this is what they are showing. Guess we need to confirm / deny that this is indeed what we need and then we need to start looking for someone who can make these to fit the predator machete.

1775.1.jpg

I think, based on watching and pausing the machete sheath is a plain coyote tan, but it's hard to tell since the best shots are when he's doused in mud at the end, but it would follow the general scheme of the rest of the gear to do Coyote tan.

As for the shotshell holders, you do a run, you know I'm in! :love

The weathering is just grey fuller's mixed with water and randomly painted on and then blotted off. It looks really odd because it is VERY dark at first, but it dries lighter... With the shirt... I thought I had ruined it, but a lot washed out and only light staining remained. Still think I need to take one more pass at the shirt.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back