Predators - Royce Costume

The Blackhawk and Condor look very similar, but have small differences (seams type and position, straps, etc) that are in the Royce one. The model is an Omega VI Airborne for Colt 45 tan right handed.
3535511pred013f8e07115b_a.jpg
opplanet-blackhawk-omega-vi-airborn-bk-colt-45-browning9mm-3.jpg

NDVD_320_a.jpg

If you look closely you will see a small square that was left when they cut off the black buckle from the extra security strap.
Amazon had a couple for sale. Expensive, but the correct one.

. Allright, you guys sold me. Good eye, Augo that's the bit that was throwing me since the Condor lacks that black buckle bit. I'm tempted to go 100% SA but $85 v. $21 is pretty steep for me, I'd rather put it towards getting the replica watch Art linked up, that and pretty easy to give the buckles a quick spray. Checking mine I wonder if I got a slightly different condor than I linked up since my stitching and panels are pretty close to the blackhawk. I might even stitch/glue on the cutoff section, another oddity since 90% of the rest is all condor (though I wish they'd gone with the STRIKE tac vest since comparing the two the blackhawk is light years better/more comfy in quality lol).

Nice catch. Now to finding those damn shotshell holders and drum mag carrier!

Last edited:
I am still downloading the Blu-Ray version (yes, I have bought it, but I can't do screencaps on my PC) but as soon as I do, I am going to try to snag some better pics for us.

Here is the closest thing I can find for the drum pouch... too bad it is by a no-name brand sold through Sportsman's Guide... but the thing is, many of the Condor pieces were also once sold through Sportsman's Guide, which makes me wonder if that is where some of Royce's gear was sourced.

Take a look at the half-round pouch. The build is VERY similar to Royce's drum pouch. Too bad this is sold out.

136999_ts.JPG

M.O.L.L.E. Top Loading Assault Pack, Military Surplus, Brand Not Specified at Sportsman's Guide

I held the stunt version that Prop Store has and was actually surprised by how relatively small it was. I was thinking it was a huge hulking weapon, but it is deceptively compact.

Here is a photo of it. I apologize in advance for the horrible crop job, but I don't want to show anything that shouldn't be shown and I am only showing this because Prop Store already has it on their site.

View attachment 41172

Thanks Art. I remember seeing this and wishing I had a spare kidney to offload, lol . It's too bad I didn't have this to go off when I did my build since you're right, it's surprisingly compact for the death dealer it is, I'm going to retool mine a bit now with more accurate pics and maybe cast 'er. I'd love to get the correct sights to do a "hero" with metal barrel and cold cast weapon light extension.

I thought as you do Stelios, glueing the small bit to make the Condor accurate. But owning the 99.99 % screen accurate Blackhawk is tempting...

Just a note, there are two types of Rothco scarves, the 4537 and the 8537. They are essentially the same except that the 4537 is a lightweight version of the 8537. I don't know which would technically be more accurate, but for what it is worth, there you go.

How will you weather the gear Art A.? Real mud, paint ? I used real mud and it looks really good, but it tends to fall out.
As for the shemagh, I think I have the standard and looks spot on.

How will you weather the gear Art A.? Real mud, paint ? I used real mud and it looks really good, but it tends to fall out.
As for the shemagh, I think I have the standard and looks spot on.

Probably a mixture of real dirt and fullers earth. Royce's gear really has the grime engrained in it. I'll have to do some testing, but I think I can get it looking less than "new".

Got in my Condor Vest and 5.11 shirt today... and I am not a big guy by any means, but Adrian Brody must be VERY small. I noticed in the movie that the shoulder adjustments were pulled a long way back on his back, but now that I have the vest in hand and have compared it to the movie stills, I am shocked to see that the vest adjustment staps aren't even being used properly in an effort to pull the vest higher up on Brody's chest... odd...

Art, I noticed the same as you did, and if you look closely, they put the lower adjustment tab forward so they could pull even further on the back direction to have a tight fit. I am a big guy so I will never be able to look like Royce, but it is nice to own the gear. Merry Xmas!:)
3535791pred015706da50c4_a.jpg

Exactly! I am finding I have to have mine a little lower than Brody's because I apparently have a much longer torso. Unfortunate, because it is going to make the look of the front of the vest different. :(

So I tried on my base getup for Mirax tonight (after weathering the pants) and what does she tell me? Charcoal pants (not black, like I bought)... Sigh... so now I have to buy another set of pants.

I found this:
Imagine you cut the pad into two rows of eight loops, remove the laps...
ACUMOLLEIIShotgunPanelPouch-3.jpg

ACUMOLLEIIShotgunPanelPouch-4.jpg

ACUMOLLEIIShotgunPanelPouch-2.jpg

You will even have two separate molle atachments. The loops are a bit wide compared to the movie one, but the result may be very close. The pad is manufactured by "THE RESOURCE CENTER", and perhaps they make eight loop pads.

love the pics of Brody from Predator
trying to get together a John Preston (equilibrium) outfit together
what type of shirt/pants/jacket/and did he wear glasses?
any help would be appreciated
thx/later/Bruce

Alright, here is my initial weathering. It is really hard to get enough to make it show up for photos without overdoing it. I think the weathering on the vest is just about perfect... maybe need to take it down just a tiny bit, but the weathering on the shirt is so light, it is hard to see. This was all done my mising grey tinted fuller's earth with water then randomly painting it on with a brush and sponging it back off with a towel.

attachment.php

That weathering looks fantastic! I think the movie guys overdo it a bit so it is visible on screen. Doy you have the rest of the gear (holder, gloves belt ,etc)? My vest and holder are with a friend there on the States. And for batmanspawn, you may start a new thread, so everybody sees your post or search for an old one. I know nothing about Equlibrium props.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back