Predators - Royce Costume

Man Art I am impressed! but would expect nothing less. It was great meeting you at DC last year and thanks for actually recognizing my Royce where everyone else thought I was from the expendables. lol

I put together a Royce for last years dcon so I'm looking forward to improving. I'm also pretty sure the 5.11 pants are the navy, the color is just too deep to be charcoal. I can't wait to get the right Steel Eagle since I bought the 106E and the blade is much smaller (bowie) and lacks the serration of the 107.

46954_1189920004017_1708879304_352082_3250500_n.jpg

47403_1189920444028_1708879304_352084_6151916_n.jpg

47403_1189920484029_1708879304_352085_8138530_n.jpg

The only thing I don't see is the Condor drop leg holster and his sidearm which is an ivory gripped Kimber Warrior (1911 Custom) with IVORY grips (or white plastic).

I went with blackhawk initially with most of my gear but the tac pants are interchangable in design. I'll also have to get the 5.11 shirt (ironically my first choice but time constraints made it not possible to ship).

I scratch built the AA with styrene sheet so I've got sight and hammer improvements. Do you know if the condor shell carriers in the link are 8 round? I wonder since I thought folded over blackhawks like mine were how they were done (you can see in the pics above) but going back to the photos I don't think those condors are the right ones. More and more I'm feeling like they were a custom piece since most shot shell carries are 10, 18 or 24 rd and these don't fold over. They almost look like the universal kind that usually attach to butt stocks.

Has anyone id'd his drum mag carrier on the rear of the rig?

Last edited:
I know this isn't correct, but this is the closest thing I have found to the correct shotshell panels for Royce. This is maddening.

BLACKHAWK! S.T.R.I.K.E. Shotgun 18rnd Vertical Pouch - BLACKHAWK!

Original S.O.E. Gear

Shotgunworld.com • View topic - All that "other" Stuff! (Gear Pics and Ideas)

Those are the ones I have that I originally referred to as 20 rd's by mistake. Only problem is that t hey sent me OD green instead of tan so I'm looking to replace. They work ok to hold the rig but don't have 8 shells displayed in the front, only 6 unlike the carriers we see in the shots, that and they appear to be a single layer without the thickness of a velcro patch as the STRIKES do. I agree, it was ripping hair out to try to find something with only minimal reference photos last year. Now looking much forward to checking frame by frames for the dvd to get a better kit together.

Hey bud! I wondered when you would show up! You definitely have the best Royce I have seen to date and I appreciate all your input on this effort. Your costume is what has inspired me!

Like, you, while it seems odd that they would make custom shotshell panels, I am leaning more and more in that direction myself... Just seems odd since EVERYTHING else is unmodified and found (I still haven't found the AA12 drum pouch either).

So for anyone who doesn't know, Condor seems to be a poor man's copy of Blackhawk and while Blackhawk seems to be superior in build, it seems that primarily Condor was used for Royce (not sure why).

The Rothco has the closest/same pattern as in the movie. Depending on how you fold it, it will match different scenes. Royce even uses it on the reverse side in one of the scenes.

NDVD_310a.jpg

No trace on the pouch and slide shell carrier. Close but no match.

On the shotshell carriers, I am almost convinced they are custom made although there is a part of me that wonders if they are part of a shotgun sling... the padded part that a strap like sling feeds through. I say this because they appear to be padded to me, almost puffy while all the shotshell panels I see for sale are flat. Additionally, the knife seems to go down INTO the panel as opposed to behind the panel, again making me wonder if there is a slot all the way through that a strap would feed through. I haven't found anything to match but it is at least food for thought.

Hey bud! I wondered when you would show up! You definitely have the best Royce I have seen to date and I appreciate all your input on this effort. Your costume is what has inspired me!

Like, you, while it seems odd that they would make custom shotshell panels, I am leaning more and more in that direction myself... Just seems odd since EVERYTHING else is unmodified and found (I still haven't found the AA12 drum pouch either).

So for anyone who doesn't know, Condor seems to be a poor man's copy of Blackhawk and while Blackhawk seems to be superior in build, it seems that primarily Condor was used for Royce (not sure why).

Aww shucks. Thanks Art. :$. Glad to know I inspired something from one of the most top notch builders I've met. I'm with you on the blackhawk v. condor stuff too, initially I thought the loadout was all blackhawk, spent a lot more than I needed for the comparable condor options then ended up buying them anyway. Blackhawk is top notch, condor eh; maybe Royce was a spendthrift merc, else that or he spent all his loot on the firearms, Lol

On the shotshell carriers, I am almost convinced they are custom made although there is a part of me that wonders if they are part of a shotgun sling... the padded part that a strap like sling feeds through. I say this because they appear to be padded to me, almost puffy while all the shotshell panels I see for sale are flat. Additionally, the knife seems to go down INTO the panel as opposed to behind the panel, again making me wonder if there is a slot all the way through that a strap would feed through. I haven't found anything to match but it is at least food for thought.

I think you're onto something there with the carriers, since I can see a dual layer of flat fabric and the scene where he spears the bug with the tops knife you can clearly see him put the blade into the panel as you said. I'll have to start checking 8 round bandoleer or belt type since modding one to fit a molle rig would be relatively easy. It just makes so little sense because like you said, the rest of his gear is off the shelf. I'll keep searching on that and the drum mag carrier since that's definitely gotta be an off the shelf, although tough to get given the AA isn't a "for civvies" gun. Now if I only had $3k to get the rubber stunt from Propstore...

The holster is Blackhawk; the belt, ammo pouches and vest are Condor. I think they went for the visual impact, since in early shots the outfit was much more simple and Royce is not wearing the vest. Even in a pair of shots, Royce does not have the gloves.
If you look closely, the cordura laces on the pouch pass trough the hole on the metal/plastic part of the zipper. Then there is a plastic piece at the end.
We should look for a brand that has this caracteristic. I found one, but can´t remember which one!
3535767pred1472df3fd548_aa.jpg

Which blackhawk model? The STRIKE and OMEGA 6 look similar but they have different leg/thigh straps, the buckles on the production shots are black/od in lieu of the tan that's on the Condor I have but the grey traction stripes match perfectly as does the length.

Maybe the shell drum mag holder is a blackhawk bit if they went with that for the leg? Condor knocks off blackhawk so it may be really hard to tell in some cases unless we get some real detail shots.

Nice thread! I'm actually waiting on delivery of one of the rubber stunt versions of Terry Crew's AA-12 shotgun from THE EXPENDABLES. From this I'm planning on making a replica of the camo-taped version that Brody uses in PREDATORS.

Ooh, nice. When you do that would you be willing to pm dimensions? I worked mine up by eyeball and I know a few items are off. I'd love to do a decent cast of it that could conceivably fit an airsoft in a hollow body.

Which blackhawk model? The STRIKE and OMEGA 6 look similar but they have different leg/thigh straps, the buckles on the production shots are black/od in lieu of the tan that's on the Condor I have but the grey traction stripes match perfectly as does the length.

Maybe the shell drum mag holder is a blackhawk bit if they went with that for the leg? Condor knocks off blackhawk so it may be really hard to tell in some cases unless we get some real detail shots.

The Blackhawk and Condor look very similar, but have small differences (seams type and position, straps, etc) that are in the Royce one. The model is an Omega VI Airborne for Colt 45 tan right handed.
3535511pred013f8e07115b_a.jpg
opplanet-blackhawk-omega-vi-airborn-bk-colt-45-browning9mm-3.jpg

NDVD_320_a.jpg

If you look closely you will see a small square that was left when they cut off the black buckle from the extra security strap.
Amazon had a couple for sale. Expensive, but the correct one.

Ooh, nice. When you do that would you be willing to pm dimensions? I worked mine up by eyeball and I know a few items are off. I'd love to do a decent cast of it that could conceivably fit an airsoft in a hollow body.

I held the stunt version that Prop Store has and was actually surprised by how relatively small it was. I was thinking it was a huge hulking weapon, but it is deceptively compact.

Here is a photo of it. I apologize in advance for the horrible crop job, but I don't want to show anything that shouldn't be shown and I am only showing this because Prop Store already has it on their site.

View attachment 41172

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back