Predators - Royce Costume

You lost me with the charcoal and black. Royce's gloves seem very clearly to be black and tan...

View attachment 39099

That´s true, but I´m quite sure that it´s the combination of lighting/filters/image treatment/weathering. In some pictures with "neutral" light conditions (as in the documentary) they are closer to the charcoal/black color. Also consider that when you have the real glove, under certain light conditions the gray areas look slightly greenish.
That also happens to the plastic buckles, the vest and the shemagh, they look different color trough the movie and production pictures.
Just my point of view.
NDVD_257_a.jpg

predators_photo_00_s.jpg

Here are examples of the same gear under different light conditions:
21-10-10_084158.jpg

21-10-10_012156.jpg

172a.jpg

23-11-10_222830.jpg

Wow, thanks to all for the great infos.
The Condor vest looks really great, now I can track down some stores who carries these items. Thanks again.

Wow, thanks to all for the great infos.
The Condor vest looks really great, now I can track down some stores who carries these items. Thanks again.

For the belt, gloves shemagh and pouches I used EBay. I bought the belt on Legacy outdoor. They had the wrong picture, but fortuntely I recieved the correct one. The difference is on the buckle, but There are some takes where the newer buckle can be seen. otherwise you may buy a replacement buckle on EBay if you find belts without the older buckle. Remeber that the flashbang pouches are two of the single ones and not a double pouch.

While it is entirely possible that more than one color of pants were used, based on this and a couple other pics, I think his pants are dark navy with a black topical weathering on them.

3535315pred0338dbefef09.jpg

While it is entirely possible that more than one color of pants were used, based on this and a couple other pics, I think his pants are dark navy with a black topical weathering on them.

3535315pred0338dbefef09.jpg
To me, this pic has some differences to the others posted, so I wonder about the color of the pants. This shot looks like it might have been a publicity shot, rather than a shot taken from the actual movie. Notice the lack of gloves, no bandanna around his neck, and the one visible buckle on the vest looks darker. The pants look much more blue in this pic than any other. Also, his boots, the shoulder strap and the dark parts of the gun seem to have a blue cast to them. So the color of that particular shot may just be off. The other pics look like the pants could be a weathered black or charcoal color. Of course, those shots could have altered color as well (maybe they pumped up the greens to make the jungle look more lush).
3535508pred002d0a8e8e83.jpg

EDIT: Maybe he's still wearing the bandanna around his neck in the first shot, I think it might just be obscurred. Also, just noticed he has a thin black strap around his left thigh in the crouching shot.

I think you might be right. Those do appear to be two separate pants.

It is difficult to tell if it is color casting or not, but it also seems his shirt changes from the 5.11 khaki to the 5.11 coyote.

View attachment 40240

I did a quick color correction of the bluish pic. I'm not really experienced in proper photographic color correction, I usually just eyeball any color adjustments I make, so this could still be well off from the actual colors. But I think I made it a closer match to the other pics (I tried to match the skintone, assuming that would be the constant). It's still not quite the same, but it seems closer.

I did a quick color correction of the bluish pic. I'm not really experienced in proper photographic color correction, I usually just eyeball any color adjustments I make, so this could still be well off from the actual colors. But I think I made it a closer match to the other pics (I tried to match the skintone, assuming that would be the constant). It's still not quite the same, but it seems closer.

Here is an scan from the extras with more "neutral" light
NDVD_257.jpg

not so blueish, but closer to charcoal or distressed black.
The black strap is for the machete sheath.
Light and color may be tricky, look what happens to my Giros, side by side, same light source! (sorry for the terrible focus!):
24-11-10_111703.jpg

I think Bloop may have nailed it early on identifying the shots with the blue pants (I do think they are blue) as some type of early publicity photo. I believe the ones seen in the movie are faded black. I do not think they are charcoal. I am thinking about enzyme washing a pair of black and seeing what we get.

in augofett's pic Hanzo has a khaki colored suit, when it is actually a grey color.

i would say with all the different lighting, anything remotely close will look good

Well, we know both the shirt and pants are 5.11s... so it at least narrows down the possibilities. For the pants, they offer black, charcoal, and deep navy. For the shirts they have khaki and coyote brown.

I think Bloop may have nailed it early on identifying the shots with the blue pants (I do think they are blue) as some type of early publicity photo. I believe the ones seen in the movie are faded black. I do not think they are charcoal. I am thinking about enzyme washing a pair of black and seeing what we get.

I kind of think that it's more likely that the pants are charcoal and not black, from what I understand a lot these tactical pants are coated to resist fading and staining and (at least on some brands) it works very well and so they are very stain and fade resistant. So resistant that I think it would take a lot for black pants to fade from black to charcoal grey. But that's assuming that these pants have the same coating that I've read about and the costume dept. didn't do some serious work to get past the coating.

Want to get a couple of links up here:

Royce's Rothco 4537 Lightweight Shemagh Tactical Desert Scarf - Price: roughly $10
Amazon.com: 4537 LIGHTWEIGHT SHEMAGH TACTICAL DESERT SCARVES: Clothing

Royce's 5.11 Tactical Long Sleeve Shirt (Coyote Brown) - Price: roughly $40
5.11 Tactical Shirts Get all your 5.11 Tactical Shirts here

Royce's Condor Tactical Gear Modular Style Vest (coyote... and yes, I have called. If you buy them from this link they ARE the correct tan on tan scheme, not tan with black plastic) - Price: roughly $28
Condor Tactical Gear Modular Style Vest

Royce's TOPS Knives Large Steel Eagle 107C Fixed Blade Knife - Price: roughly $128
http://www.knifeworks.com/topssteeleagleblacklinenmicartahandle.aspx

Royce's Condor Tactical Belt (coyote tan) - Price: roughly $12
http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=16169&tabid=548

Royce's BlackHawk Omega VI Elite Dropleg Holster (coyote tan, right hand draw, colt 45) - Price: roughly $65
http://www.opticsplanet.net/blackhawk-omega-vi-airborn-bk-colt-45-browning9mm.html

Royce's Condor Tactical Gear Single Flash Bang Pouch (you need two of these in coyote) - Price: roughly $10 X2
Condor Tactical Gear Single Flash Bang Pouch

Royce's Condor Tactical Gear Shotgun Ammo Pouch (coyote) - Price: roughly $9
Condor Tactical Gear Shotgun Ammo Pouch

Royce's Predator Machete (the cheap version) - Price: roughly $160, although if you search hard enough, you can find it as low as $100.
PREDATOR STANDARD EDITION MACHETE

Royce's 5.11 Tactical Pant - The Original (Debatable as to whether they are charcoal, or navy, appears navy in early publicity photos, but charcoal throughout the movie) - Price: roughly $40
5.11 Tactical Pants - The Original 74251

Royce's 5.11 Tactical 1¾ Operator Belt (tan with black buckle, although near the end of the movie it seems to change to black on black) - Price: roughly $34
5.11 Tactical Belt plus FREE SHIPPING & GEAR. 511 Belt, 511 Trainer Belts, 5.11 Belts, 5.11 Tactical Belts

Royce's Bates 8" Tactical Sport Side Zip Boots - Price: roughly $100
Bates Footwear 8" Tactical Sport Side Zip Black - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways

Royce's Hamilton H78686333 Below Zero Auto Chrono Men's Watch REPLICA (can't vouch for the quality but it is better than paying $2k for the real deal) - Price: roughly $180 for the replica
http://www.xwyr.com/Hamilton_Swiss_replica_watches/Hamilton_Khaki_H7868633317701.html

Royce's Giro Bravo Cycling Gloves (black/charcoal) - Price: roughly $25
http://www.amazon.com/Giro-2013657-Bravo-Cycling-Glove/dp/B001GAONN8

Viking Tactics Buttstock Adapter (VTAC-MK3-BK) for Royce's AA-12 Shotgun - Price: $8.50
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=6054/pid=41594/Product/BUTTSTOCK_ADAPTER#

Surefire M910A Vertical Foregrip WeaponLight - Dual Thumbscrew Mount for Royce's AA-12 (desert sand color) - Price: roughly $585
http://www.everyflashlight.com/sure...grip-weaponlight---dual-thumbscrew-mount.aspx

as an alternative to the VERY expensive Surefire M910A, you can get the following:

EAIMING Weapon Light Tactical Vertical Foregrip Flashlight -CB (Coyote Brown) - Price: $59.18
http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/Airso...ical-Foregrip-Flashlight-CB/product_info.html

Great links!!! The most difficult items are the chest shell holders and the round pouch. I wasn´t able to find them on the net. The machete sheath may be custom.

Nice thread! I'm actually waiting on delivery of one of the rubber stunt versions of Terry Crew's AA-12 shotgun from THE EXPENDABLES. From this I'm planning on making a replica of the camo-taped version that Brody uses in PREDATORS.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back