New dredd-movie: First picture !!! (footage added on pg 3!!!)

Re: New dredd-movie: First picture !!!

im not looking forward to this -.-' *sigh* they should have used Ron Perlman as dredd his got the chin for it

JJ, your right. and why could they not hire custom creations that did judge minty to do the costumes and props for this..........

but this movie looks like it is going to blow................looks like a bad starship trooper.....

Speaking only for myself, and I am unanimous in this...

the bike is not what I expected. Looks more like a "crotch rocket" than the comic's Lawmaster.

As for the uniform... this just proves what I said before. It's designed to be protective armor for a motorcycle rider, which is what Wagner and Ezquera always intended! And that's a design decision I support 100%! :cool:thumbsup

But this is a bad image, taken with poor equipment. It does not accurately represent what the uniform and bike will look like on the movie screen. Therefore, I'm going to do something REALLY insane... I'm going to reserve my final judgement on how it looks until I've actually SEEN footage from the film, say, a TRAILER, for instance. I know, I know... I'm completely insane. :rolleyes

yes you are , sir!!! using common sense, how dare you!!!

but i am not going to see this until it hits dvd.....................

According to The L.A. Times, relations between director Pete Travis (Vantage Point) and Dredd's producers have deteriorated and writer-producer Alex Garland has been editing the film without Travis' involvement:

In fact, so involved are Ga...rland and two other producers, Andrew Macdonald and Allon Reich, that Garland may seek a co-director credit on the movie. Although he's made no decision on whether he'll seek that credit—a petition would need to be filed with the Directors Guild of Great Britain—the fact that the possibility is even being considered is unusual. Garland is a novelist and screenwriter who did not shoot the movie and has never been credited with directing a picture before. ...

According to The L.A. Times, relations between director Pete Travis (Vantage Point) and Dredd's producers have deteriorated and writer-producer Alex Garland has been editing the film without Travis' involvement:

In fact, so involved are Ga...rland and two other producers, Andrew Macdonald and Allon Reich, that Garland may seek a co-director credit on the movie. Although he's made no decision on whether he'll seek that credit—a petition would need to be filed with the Directors Guild of Great Britain—the fact that the possibility is even being considered is unusual. Garland is a novelist and screenwriter who did not shoot the movie and has never been credited with directing a picture before. ...

I was looking forward to this but I can only assume it stinks if the producer and director are acting like this.

Weird. Sounds like a director once again took a project with no intention of delivering anything the fans wanted.

for someone calling themselves unpredictable, that comment was...well, you know...

Here's some footage from the new Dredd (2012) movie!

Dredd2012one.gif

Dredd2012two.gif

I like this armor version, I agree the helmet looks too big on urban but the bike. Holy crap in the words of Luke Skywalker "What a Piece of Junk"

I seriously like the new armor. It would be very easy to go out, get some motorcycle armor, and modify it. I just Googled for images of motorcycle armor, and found dozens of images of mca that looks so freaking close.

I really like how grimy and rough looking the new armour/ helmet it. It looks like it's been used and is built for combat...err...police work :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back