New dredd-movie: First picture !!! (footage added on pg 3!!!)

Re: New dredd-movie: First picture !!!

still not convinced,jack. there is a reason they don't draw spiderman today like the way ditko did back in the day . the same goes for all comic characters. they evolve through the ages and so did the costumes.

but i am bias, i love the huge eagle,shoulder armor and big elbow and knee pads.

Keeping my fingers crossed for this. Anyone know when the release date is?

anyone saw the 2009 judge dredd cosplayers going around comic con? the dredd cosplayer was the guy who made most of the armor for the movie.
very cool guy.
i wish i stayed in contact with him.

The first shot they release is out of focus?

It's because it is a behind the scenes shot of a rehearsal. When we get real, official production photos, I bet they will be in clear hi-res quality.

It's because it is a behind the scenes shot of a rehearsal. When we get real, official production photos, I bet they will be in clear hi-res quality.

probably prepro shots....its not even filming yet.....its just costume test shots.

Looks like they are taking it to a more realistic urban near future concept. Possible alternative reality and closer to urban rioit police gear.

I loved the Sylvester Stalone armor designed by Gianni Versace with the big armor details typical Versace. But realisticly... Well we all do love flashy armor but running arround in that in real life as a "cop" i would not be ideal or tactical.

I like how things are getting assimilated to a realistic still futuristic fantasy aproach.

Big knee pads, Big shoulder Eagle, bit elbow pads, Dark Judges, Angel Gang, Chopper cameo, Badge on chain...........or go home.

This is what Dredd should look like....

Judge-Carlos-Ezquerra.jpg

I know you guys want the comic look but they might as well make it an animated direct to DVD flick for that. They aren't going to risk new potential fans not getting "it".

i enjoyed that movie when i was a kid, before i found out how much of a badass dredd actually was. then i only liked it for the huge robot. looking forward to seeing what they do with this one, especially cos its karl urban!! love it when kiwis make it huge :D

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back