District 9 - Arc Generator - refinished by industry professional

Raven

When I got my Arc Generator after an 8 month wait and after missing out on the ebay one from last year I was very excited – when I opened the box I was not disappointed but after looking at it I realised it looked like a good replica and a little toy like.

A very good friend of mine Karl Derrick – an industry professional who has worked on the first two Harry Potters, The Brothers Grim, 1408 and more – said he could make it look a lot better. We decided to go to town on it and make it look like something that has been very used and lying around for 20 years in a South African township.

The pics speak for themselves and tell a story that was built up over many layers. To the naked eye this now looks real and is appears to be made of a type of metal and not fibreglass. I am very very happy with it and look forward to letting him loose on the other two guns....

Last edited by a moderator:
very, nice!!! he did a wonderful job. looks like it has been sitting in the nigerians shack waiting for wikus to make goo out of MNU agents.

Amazing job! :D

I've always been curious, I've watched District 9 a few times but, I've never seen anything 'pistol' sized. Was there anything like that?

Thank you for all your comments - very happy with the job Karl did.

I did not see any pistol like weapons - in the Weta District 9 book there is a very cool sub machine gun based on the assault rifle - not sure if it was used in the final cut. All the weapons designed for the film can be seen in the book.

Steve

Thank you for all your comments - very happy with the job Karl did.

I did not see any pistol like weapons - in the Weta District 9 book there is a very cool sub machine gun based on the assault rifle - not sure if it was used in the final cut. All the weapons designed for the film can be seen in the book.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Is there any way of getting a hold of Karl?

I'd love to have him do mine! :thumbsup

thanks!

brad

Holy cow, that's BEAUTIFUL. The weathering effects make a huge difference! Thanks for posting such clear closeup pictures.

it may be a bit expensive with shipping to Germany added. But well worth doing as they are trading at over $1000 now.

Best

Steve

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back