fallout prop paint color help

Wes R

Legendary Member
Okay so for part of my display i sculpted one or two (not sure yet) kabobs to represent iguana bits on a stick (with texture to look like scaly skin) and from Fallout 1's Iguana Bob's bits one made of human. Problem is i'm not sure how to paint them too look realistic and cooked. the scales i'd like to do a dark green so it looks cooked but the meat i'm not sure. Ideas?

Well only one side of the cube of meat would be the skin side,green with scales; the other sides would be a cooked steak color. By rotating the various cubes on the kabob you will create contrast and make it look realistic.

The steak side should be grey/brownish with some possible black grill marks.

The scale skin side would be dark green, I'd put a little black around the edges as if the skin was getting crispy, and maybe even curled up a little. I'd airbrush the scales on very lightly, using an even darker green.

If you want to make it look fresh you are going to want to finish with a clear glossy wet on the meat sides, like it was juicy and just came off the fire.

And on a personal note, fallout rocks! I have a very cool glowing fallout display in my house with just about all the original stuff I think they made to promote the game including some of the more rare items like the Simtek 1000, a real bottle of Nuka Cola, and the rarest being the Gecko in a Can used to promote Fallout 2.

I should prime these things first as the water based paint isn't covering well. I should have put the scorch marks in before i cured it. Its not the prettiest prop but i figure mutant gekko and anything else can't look good especial human if you ate at Bob's lol. I want to make a little sign to go with it as a tribute to soylent green saying "Iguana Bob's is people!"

Based the on the alligator meat I've had at Brazillian BBQs the color of the meat wouldn't be all that different than chicken. Granted that they're two totally different animals but they're both reptiles and alligator is the closest analog that I can think of.

That's what i was thinking too as snake meat is the color of chicken. Funny enough the sculpty is that flesh colored one so maybe just coating it with some gloss material to make it look juicy would be enough and I know that pork is that same kinda color so that would work for the human bits too. just have to add some scorch marks and the reptile skin colors.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back