T track why so much money?

TK1961

Hi I'm new here, found the site by accident while looking for blaster info. Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative to spending $70.00 on T track from the member on this site? Sorry I just cant see $70 bucks for .70 cents worth of plastic.

Blastech do kits for individual blasters ie 30 bucks for an e-11 etc. Gino here although expensive is the most accurate. You would be better off posting this in the replica props section and may find people have some spare.

Blastech do kits for individual blasters ie 30 bucks for an e-11 etc. Gino here although expensive is the most accurate. You would be better off posting this in the replica props section and may find people have some spare.

Thank you I'll post overthere,

Saberfreak sells some of the real stuff for a lot less than Gino's material. His t-track in brown and has a slightly different profile, but is the most accurate found material out there.

Dan

Sorry I just cant see $70 bucks for .70 cents worth of plastic.

With that logic unfortunately you probably won't get anything on the RPF at the price you want :) People like to make a profit for their efforts.

Do you wear jeans - If so how much did you pay for them? They are probably less than $5 worth of Denim but I bet you never got them in a shop for less than $5.

What I am trying to say without sounding rude is the $70 T Track was custom made and would not have cost 70 cents and a large order would have had to have been placed to make it. The person selling the T track would have put their own money out to buy a lot as well.

The T Track from Sabrefreak is a found part and excellent material but again just because it may be 70 cents worth of plastic I am sure he took a lot of time and effort to source it. I am sure it costs more than 70 cents as well.

I am not trying to be negative but just trying to be realistic.

Good luck on your search for T track :)

Chris

I apreciate your honesty. You're correct it's probably more than .70 cents ( I wasn't serious) but with my present cash situation I just can't afford to spend alot. Good news is saberfreak and I made a deal.

Saberfreak sells some of the real stuff for a lot less than Gino's material. His t-track in brown and has a slightly different profile, but is the most accurate found material out there.

Dan

As an aside, this is an accurate statement that it is the most accurate found on forums to date, but Saberfreak's track doesn't match the dimensions or cross-section of the track on ILM props. Just another trade of compromises for the replica's sake. I used Gino's track on the blaster shown here because dimensions were a higher priority for me on that replica. In my mind, a found part that is 90% accurate is 100% wrong. I would need to pick the replica track vice the 90% solution if, it's going to be wrong anyway because I haven't found the real part.

...understand that TK is looking for something cheaper, though...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back