Brazil Information Retrieval mask new RESCUE VERSION (images)

kropserkel

We rarely, if ever, venture in the realm of gore, and this piece may be tasteless to some, but it had to be done.
For those of you unfamiliar with Terry Gilliam's Brazil. Drop everything, and go rent it. There will never be another film made like it. Like it or not, it is cinematic art.

Here is the 'rescue' version of Jack Lint's creepy mask. Robert DeNiro is a good shot.
irrescue.jpg

irrescueinside.jpg

Again, I hope nobody was offended, and thanks for looking. See you in your nightmares.

<div class='quotetop'>(kropserkel @ Jul 14 2006, 10:08 PM) [snapback]1280980[/snapback]</div>
We rarely, if ever, venture in the realm of gore, [/b]

Yeah, sure, tell that to the horse. :)

EXCELLENT work - that thing is really a wonderful replica.

-Raj

<div class='quotetop'>(kropserkel @ Jul 14 2006, 10:08 PM) [snapback]1280980[/snapback]</div>
Robert DeNiro is a good shot.
[/b]

or was he?..... :confused

gore on the inside is a nice touch, most people would have not gone that far,

Awesome... Amazing job as always. I'd say, "I want one." but I don't think I could sleep comfortably with that thing in my house.

Love the teething ring.

Thanks for the kind responses. I agree that it is a creepy piece, and certainly with less humour
than our horse head pillow (yeah, forgot about that one too).

The inside gore was necessary, and didn't seem right too clean. I imagined the piece to be an artifact, not of the film, but of the story (otherwise, I would have put an empty plastic blood pack in there). If you look carefully during the scene, you'll notice Jack rips the mask off and conceals the pack in his hand.

Also, look at the torture tools on Jack's tray. You'll notice a baby soother, and a rubber ball. Yeah, sick too, but in a Terry Gilliam, cool kind of way.

Thanks again.

P.S. The page for the other version of the mask is here

Brazil mask page (Kropserkel)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back