ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

I wouldn't dare too do something like that lol.. I don't know, it feels wrong to destroy something that could be repaired. Anovos is offering me 15% refund, but I'm not sure if I'm going to take it. It's not Anovos fault that delivery people are so careless and playing soccer with my shipment box, why should they take the blame.

Plus they don't ship to my country directly, so that could be a problem.

I'll wait until the person who does repairs tells me if it can be fixed and then I'll make a decision. Thank you for the advice!

The destroying of a damaged collectible, no matter its high value, is a Sideshow policy for international customers, as long as you send pics or a video of the results to them. Of course they also offer partial refunds, full refunds, returns etc. like any other company. But if you didn't order from Anovos directly might be a problem, even if they would agree with this policy. Good luck anyway :)

The First Order blaster listing says "The components are cast in durable and lightweight safety orange rigid foam"

Makes sense for trooping, I suppose. How rigid are we talking? Nerf foam? NECA bat'leth foam? Insulation foam?

Edit: Here are pictures of the prototype in kit and built-up form. Does the built one look a bit warped to anyone else, or is it just camera distortion?
Star_Wars_F-11D_Blaster_Kit_01.jpg
Star_Wars_F-11D_Blaster_Kit_00.jpg
Star_Wars_F-11D_Blaster_Kit_02.jpg
Star_Wars_F-11D_Blaster_Kit_03.jpg

Last edited:
Be more enticing to me if it was in more pieces. As in the keep the blacks and whites separate so painting is much easier. Was a royal pain masking off all the nooks and crannies from the one offered here.

Hmm, the Death Trooper armor looks kinda weird on someone who isnt as tall as the movie actors (like the Anovos model). Not sure if it's the shorter legs or what, but it gives a weird, "chunky" or FO trooper look instead of the sleek look they had in R1.

Also unsurprising to see the variant Death Trooper with the eye-piece. Light-up feature is interesting though.

The First Order blaster listing says "The components are cast in durable and lightweight safety orange rigid foam"

Makes sense for trooping, I suppose. How rigid are we talking? Nerf foam? NECA bat'leth foam? Insulation foam?

Edit: Here are pictures of the prototype in kit and built-up form. Does the built one look a bit warped to anyone else, or is it just camera distortion?
View attachment 745328
View attachment 745329
View attachment 745330
View attachment 745331

The blaster in the last pic with the trooper holding it is not the one as described, so there's that.

As for the "rigid foam," that's probably the only way that they were able to get the license, by pretty much ensuring a firearm replica is as harmless as possible. I wonder if this is going to be something similar to a hyperfirm material or less sturdy.

Yea, the one painted up looks like it's bent a bit, which suggests that there's no structural core in the piece.

I mean, if it looks as decent as the kit parts, it's not bad for what it is, but I'm apprehensive to see the material used. That would greatly impact how one can/will be able to paint it

Interesting note about the shoretrooper armour is that it says that "cleanup and finishing are required" and that "tools, paint, and glue are not included." If it's just the kit, they should show a few photos of it unpainted.

I imagine it's going to be a pain matching the armour colour to the helmet colour when purchased separately.

Wow that is a lot of new stuff announced close together. Makes it difficult to afford ordering more than one within the coupon time frame.

If the Shoretrooper armor needs to be painted, it would totally make sense to offer a cheaper unpainted helmet so the paint will match.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Considering Anovos has produced several OT Stormtrooper helmet repaints and the weathering on the x-wing pilot helmets, I'm surprised they haven't offered a sandtrooper or ESB helmet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm tempted to purchase a TFA Stromtrooper kit, supposed to be shipping in September, just not sure I want to pull the trigger. Didn't some 501st members get sample kits some time ago?

Wow, a bunch of Rogue One preorders up! Shoretrooper and Death Trooper kits plus First Order Blaster Kit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm tempted to purchase a TFA Stromtrooper kit, supposed to be shipping in September, just not sure I want to pull the trigger. Didn't some 501st members get sample kits some time ago?
Back before TFA came out, the 501st members were allowed to buy a TFA stormtrooper kit. I highly suspect this kit will be different. The 501st kit seemed rushed.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Gah. So many awesome new things...Have to save money...Have to save money....

If they do a Luke ANH X-wing helmet though...I'm first in line.

Gah. So many awesome new things...Have to save money...Have to save money....

If they do a Luke ANH X-wing helmet though...I'm first in line.
I think a Luke ANH X-Wing helmet would be very popular. Unfortunately Anovos hasn't announced much as far as new OT products in quite a while. The focus is on the recent films.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back