Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

I'm just pointing out that George had the Whills in mind when he wrote all of the films. And his ideas if he had done the ST we would have explored what and who the Whills are. Even midi-cholrians were around in 1977.

"It is said that certain creatures are born with a higher awareness of the Force than humans. Their brains are different; they have more midi-chlorians in their cells." - George Lucas 1977

George just didn't feel like it was the right time to mention them.
I get that. I'm just pointing it out that you're completely entitled to build your Star Wars canon from movies, books, games, interviews and whatnot, while other people are entitled to stick to what's in the OT on screen and nothing more. You can interpret or explain a character's remark in a completely different way than someone else and neither of you would necessarily be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

So was Luke taking the Jedi oath in the presence of his father's force ghost in Empire. And the Emperor being a puppet figurehead with the like of Tarkin running the Empire.
Now even if you take all movies as canon, there's not a single mention of any Whills in any of them. So yea, afraid the OT purist thing is a thing even if to many it looks like a kid putting his hands on his ears and humming.

The Whills are mentioned in Rogue One.

The Whills are mentioned in Rogue One.

Ha, you're actually right. Had to Google, because the last time I saw that was in the cinema.
Nevertheless, going back to the original quote I reacted to, that still does not mean that "OT purists" have to accept any of the Whills, since it took 33 years for them to get a mention on screen after the last OT movie.

Because she hasn't been fired, and when you are the head of a company you are always "working" even on your downtime.

So you have no actual proof that she hasnt been fired then?. I have no actual proof that she has been either so I guess both sides of the argument hold equal weight. I mean this is a person who made regular public comments about everything Star Wars but has not been seen or heard since the Solo opening night

How often do you normally hear from the head of entertainment corporation on social media, that isn't during some sort of publicity junket or press?

Why do you specify social media? I doubt Kennedy even uses it, especially these days :lol She generally used the vast network of shill media outlets and other entertainment media to make her comments and announcements, which as I said was done on a regular basis. Just google it if you dont believe me.

Ridiculous. Maybe she’s been abducted by aliens, then? I mean, I have no proof that she has been, but I also have no proof that she hasn’t been. So by the thread logic both ideas hold equal weight, right?

At least we’re back on topic I suppose :popcorn

You again, lol, Yep, that was my point, seems to have worked as well, for now.

I`m sure if she was abducted by aliens we would have seen a staged publicity shot of her in the cockpit by now.

Definitive proof Kathleen Kennedy has been abducted by aliens.........

aliens.jpg

Ridiculous. Maybe she’s been abducted by aliens, then? I mean, I have no proof that she has been, but I also have no proof that she hasn’t been. So by the thread logic both ideas hold equal weight, right?

At least we’re back on topic I suppose :popcorn

Hey settle down Glenn Beck-- that's how rumors get started!

I have no idea of the relevance or context of that link in this discussion.
But you quoted Russel's teapot, and that makes me smile. :cheers
Because all sorts of funny claims started to fly left-right-centre and people seem to be on the position of “proove me wrong!” as an argument.:)
PS: before anybody says I know it’s jokes, just made me think of the teapot and I chuckled to myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back