Republic star Destroyer (work in progress)

Wow, that base looks really cool! Good work!
I hope it will turn out as in my head.. but this will take over a 100hrs for sure

3be39e0c2e2599fa31afda0b6a88bf79.jpg

please don't take me serious I'm crazy :)

After braking the model when putting it together and trying to fix it and braking even more I had to take a brake from this model because I almost threw it out, out of frustration.
After a brake of over a month or so I picked it up again and fixed it.
Because I have to much fiber optics in there it did not fully close to I had to fix some holes this created see pic.

Sorry to hear about the troubles you’ve had with closing up your model Socrates11 . Glad you’ve managed to fix it , instead of binning it though !:facepalm.

Don’t think it was asked earlier , but what size fibre optic strands did you end up using on this ship ?

:cheersGed

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about the troubles you’ve had with closing up your model @Socrates11 . Glad you’ve managed to fix it , instead of binning it though !:facepalm.

Don’t think it was asked earlier , but what size fibre optic strands did you end up using on this ship ?

Thanks my friend.. :)
I'm also happy I did not let my frustration get the better of me, but I do have to admit that it is hard sometimes.. it is so much trail and error ...

But I used 0,5 and 0,3 mm and a few 0,75 fiber optics.
cd498799ac7247d83a11fd86eef6bff4.jpg

Pfff it's doing slow... Changing colors the see what I like best Anders adding indirect lightning.
And thinking about how some formations could have been created in real life, movement of water.... Plants.. and so on.

When I'm working on something like this im in my mind in a other world ;)

My eutopia :)
2782c1ca221b688f592a62d2ac7967da.jpg
bea4849c4acff29dfe560e243d12bd34.jpg
22ee9109aebe1ccb0890ecc54e2ced5b.jpg

Hey Socrates11 , really cool update mate :cool! ,

Love how you’ve placed some subtle lighting across various points of interest , not only in what look like fissures and caves (?) , but also amongst the vegetation .
Hope you’re recovering well from your health issues and it wasn’t too serious !:facepalm

Thanks for sharing ,

Hey @Socrates11 , really cool update mate :cool! ,

Love how you’ve placed some subtle lighting across various points of interest , not only in what look like fissures and caves (?) , but also amongst the vegetation .
Hope you’re recovering well from your health issues and it wasn’t too serious !:facepalm

Thanks for sharing ,

Thanks my friend :)
And yes they are caves, they will be filled up with water and in front of it there will be water dripping from the falls so there less sight inside the cave but just enough to get a feel there is something inside. In the left one there will be a small sand path going inside... and also a flinkering fire light to give the feeling there is done inside. Still want to make some fish and do a little more vegetation in the water. But there there is already a lot on there but hard to see on the photo. How are you doing with you builds?

Btw. Just ordered from bandai the falcon from the last Jedi and the y wing and slave 1 :) so I won't be bored....

I’ve just started to get back into working on my Deago MF . Thanks for asking .

Had to put that on the back burner for most of 2017 up til recently ( family related issues ) . My Republic SD and Zvezda SD are still waiting on the wardrobe , along with other ‘ stuff ‘ I couldn’t help purchasing for future projects :facepalm
Anyhoo , glad to hear your recent illness hasn’t ‘ curbed your enthusiasm ‘ ! :lol, for building stunning models , I’m sure they’ll keep you happily busy for awhile !

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back