Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights

I don't care how long it takes. I've been waiting years to finally get this thing.

PS: Hollywood Collectibles Group

Refund Policy Hollywood Collectibles Group offers a fifteen-day money back guarantee (excluding shipping and handling) on any of the products sold directly from this website, provided that they are returned to and received by us within 15 days of the original delivery date of the product to you. The product must also be returned in unused, undamaged condition in its original packaging and in the same condition as it was sent to you. The customer MUST inform Hollywood Collectibles Group of any defective product within three (3) days of receipt. In the case of shipping damage all packaging materials must be kept for inspection.

Last edited by a moderator:
After having this a while, I love it. The option or possibility of sending it back, I don’t think I can do. I’ve waited too long hAhah.

I do hate to be the jerk and add fuel to the fire but I did notice one thing:
6605CFC9-F991-484D-9D7D-966BECFE3097.jpeg

Theres a flash line right at top. This definitely takes away from the prop :cry do all have this there, just this possible run, or it’s mine only? Don’t know but maybe it can be fixed *fingers crossed*

Some minor knicks in the front end metal too, but that’s not much of an issue with me. I’ll be having it re-done in a WorldCon style.

Also, did anyone have some weird reddish markings on the top of the recive near the two slotted screws?

By posting that, what is your point? Are you saying you want to return it, or you want replacement grips? You keep saying you want new grips, right?
If you just want to return it, you can return the item to HCG, there is no disputing that. You are welcome to return it, but if the whole batch has the same issue, there is no returning it with hopes of HCG sending a replacement that will make you happy. If you want replacement grips, Tomenosuke will have to handle that.

And with that, I will let customer service answer your concerns. I am just trying to give some answers for you but it is really not why I am here, plus you seem to be very frustrated and don’t seem to care for some of my answers. :thumbsup

Sorry about that. I care about your answers, trust me. I'm not frustrated. I'm just disappointed by the whole situation. I heard a lot of good things about Tomenosuke so I was expecting a really high quality. I don't want to return it. I just need to replace that grip. Tomenosuke probably has hundreds of spare parts.

Last edited:
Due to these comments I will have to check the grips on mine as its been in its box since I got it in November but from the photos I took back then (not the best I know!) and from what I remember, they didn't seemed fine. And with regards to spare parts, I don't believe Tomeosuke keep spares. I had a damaged box with my order and after not getting much help from HCG, I emailed Mune at Tomenosuke who confirmed that they had no spare boxes and had to wait for this next run for a replacement

Tomengrip.PNGtomen1.PNG

Last edited:
After having this a while, I love it. The option or possibility of sending it back, I don’t think I can do. I’ve waited too long hAhah.

I do hate to be the jerk and add fuel to the fire but I did notice one thing:
View attachment 802148

Theres a flash line right at top. This definitely takes away from the prop :cry do all have this there, just this possible run, or it’s mine only? Don’t know but maybe it can be fixed *fingers crossed*

Some minor knicks in the front end metal too, but that’s not much of an issue with me. I’ll be having it re-done in a WorldCon style.

Also, did anyone have some weird reddish markings on the top of the recive near the two slotted screws?

You jerk ;) you got me pawing over mine now and yes I have the same flash line but don't recall the reddish markings but have refinished the receiver though.

By posting that, what is your point? Are you saying you want to return it, or you want replacement grips? You keep saying you want new grips, right?
If you just want to return it, you can return the item to HCG, there is no disputing that. You are welcome to return it, but if the whole batch has the same issue, there is no returning it with hopes of HCG sending a replacement that will make you happy. If you want replacement grips, Tomenosuke will have to handle that.

And with that, I will let customer service answer your concerns. I am just trying to give some answers for you but it is really not why I am here, plus you seem to be very frustrated and don’t seem to care for some of my answers. :thumbsup

It's getting a bit silly now, yes Moviefreak is the in the know to a certain extent but it should be common sense that tells you to contact the customer services of any company you purchase goods from, standard practice 101.
I have attached the contact links for HCG on some of my posts on numerous occasions but people keep asking who they shopuld be talking to regarding their product issues.

https://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/store/pages.php?pageid=12

The average waiting time for any reputable company' customer services is 7-10 days so emailing again within hours of your last contact is going bare 0 fruit, you've got to remember just because you press send doesn't put you at the head of the queue.

Last edited by a moderator:
And with regards to spare parts, I don't believe Tomeosuke keep spares. I had a damaged box with my order and after not getting much help from HCG, I emailed Mune at Tomenosuke who confirmed that they had no spare boxes and had to wait for this next run for a replacement

The spare box is not a spare part. A new 2049 blaster is officially licensed now and Tomenosuke will produce thousands of them. There is a reason why it's still available at HCG store. It's not limited anymore. I do believe Tomeosuke keep spares.

The spare box is not a spare part. A new 2049 blaster is officially licensed now and Tomenosuke will produce thousands of them. There is a reason why it's still available at HCG store. It's not limited anymore. I do believe Tomeosuke keep spares.

Oh ok my mistake. Thanks for the clarity on this :thumbsup

Spare boxes for the November batch were sent by Tomenosuke. Those who had issues with that batch should be getting their replacements soon. They were already shipped those out last week.

Please note, only those who had an issue and reported it back in November/December are getting replacement boxes. Mune only made a few extra boxes, enough to cover those replacements. Any box damages from this new run will be handled by Tomenosuke and I am not sure if they planned for this by making extras or not. The may or may not have. I just want to be clear on that so people don’t assume we have a bunch of extras now sitting around.

Thanks for that Rich. I will hopefully receive mine any time now then :)

This is not going to be a message easily answered with a solution. Tomenosuke will need to be contacted and then customer service will need to wait to hear back from them about the situation. So please have some patience and allow HCG to get answers from Tomenosuke. :)

Oh I’m not worried about it. Basically the only reason I even messaged them is so they’d know since it seems like it’s an issue with more than just one or two. If I could get some extra grips, that would be great, if not, it’s a barely noticeable issue to me and I’m happy with what I received.

Now I just need to work up the courage to weather it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my first attempt at bluing and scruffing up on something as expensive as this but I'm quite'ish happy with the result and can also re-do it which modellers curse I suppose. But just take your time and decide how you're going to approach it, that being said I've no idea what your skill level is at so you'll probably smash it out the park mate :thumbsup
20180217_141650.jpg 20180217_141428.jpg

This is my first attempt at bluing and scruffing up on something as expensive as this but I'm quite'ish happy with the result and can also re-do it which modellers curse I suppose. But just take your time and decide how you're going to approach it, that being said I've no idea what your skill level is at so you'll probably smash it out the park mate :thumbsup

Looks really good bud and you definitely have more balls than me to be able to have a go at it! It's something I've been super tempted to do but not got the nerve for it :(

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back