Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

I am guessing there is a gear box inside the area beside the motor which is actually the part stripping? That's probably what is grinding, they use gear boxes on little motors like these to increase the torque. I am guessing the motor itself is actually fine.

Question for you all...

Since it looks like I have no choice but to change out the battery on my right display shoe, I'm wondering... is there a solution for keeping a display pair lit without burning up the batteries?

Also... since I lost one shoe by not charging it for soon enough, how often do the batteries need topped off so they don't drain too low as to not be able to take a charge??

You will forever be chasing faults with these shoes. That's the issue.

I put mine on charge for an hour yesterday and they done that whole on off thing. Then went to turn them on today and nothing from either. Plugged them in and got one to turn on for 2 secs.

Put them both on charge but not hopeful. Not surprised though.

If you don't care about the box or lights, you can get broken pairs pretty cheap off David.

I might be interested in that as a wear pair and keep my display pair unworn. What kinda price, do you have any idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be interested in that as a wear pair and keep my display pair unworn. What kinda price, do you have any idea?

$200 for a broken pair. But then again who knows how long your working pair will last.

That price is shipped without the box and lights might not work. Or yellow soles.

$200 for a broken pair. But then again who knows how long your working pair will last.

That price is shipped without the box and lights might not work. Or yellow soles.

That's true. But for that price I wouldn't mind just wearing them around generally. Thanks.

That's true. But for that price I wouldn't mind just wearing them around generally. Thanks.

This is what I did and I had them change out the shoes several times in the QC pictures. Mine wasn't bad as they didn't hook up the el in the sole to the battery.

I it changed it out cause I didn't like how din it was. Other then that I haven't has any other issues with them. I've worn them out a handful of time so far for a few hours at a time and they still work great.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This is what I did and I had them change out the shoes several times in the QC pictures. Mine wasn't bad as they didn't hook up the el in the sole to the battery.

I it changed it out cause I didn't like how din it was. Other then that I haven't has any other issues with them. I've worn them out a handful of time so far for a few hours at a time and they still work great.

So that's all that was broken with them?

So that's all that was broken with them?

The wires for the el in the sole didn't have the clip on them. They were fed through the shoe and not hooked up to the battery. There is pictures up in this thread, I don't have them anymore.

When I hooked it up the el was dimmer than the other shoe so I replaced it. After replacing it was perfect.
8d40bc3025c267f8675746aa1e4b1581.jpg
da40a6dce77e46e709ba74376900d802.jpg

The wires for the el in the sole didn't have the clip on them. They were fed through the shoe and not hooked up to the battery. There is pictures up in this thread, I don't have them anymore.

When I hooked it up the el was dimmer than the other shoe so I replaced it. After replacing it was perfect. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180312/8d40bc3025c267f8675746aa1e4b1581.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180312/da40a6dce77e46e709ba74376900d802.jpg

You sold them?

@cavx

I took this pic in 2015. The only time that I all licensed products were together (sans the terrible Mattel Hoverboard):

View attachment 802238

Do you ever miss owning those real 2011 MAGs? I still have not even seen a pair real MAGs yet. As far as I know, at the time of the September 2011 Auction, only one pair made its way to Australia and that owner lives in Perth (about the same distance from LA to NY) on the other side of the country.

The only copy of the paper I have is the copy I got off you back in 2012/2013(?), or what ever that was.

The Matty Board is not the best thing they could have released but is is OK. It does make a good MAG stand. I just need to find some green and pink velcro and update the decals. The local fabric shop only had black, white and tan the other day. All their colours were either sold out or "end of line".

As for other licensed product, even the Diamond Select's Mr. Fusion is not as well made as it could have been, given they had access to the full CAD of the original prop. It is what some have called, "an expensive candy jar". Like the HB, the price I paid was too good to pass on. So it is now part of my collection. I'm not convinced that the Flux is worth the asking price though.

Nice! I want one of the USA bottles in the box.

Managed to pick up a pair of the Doc Brown Nike vandals today. Got the last pair on a website for £61 posted from Italy.

Out of the three bottles (Why Pepsi? WHY?), the Argentina is the best, most close to screen accurate. The Mexican bottle is HUGE, too tall and thread under the cap becomes visible the first time you tighten the lid. The Argentina version has a smaller thread with a big over hang part, so you never get this problem and from the images I have seem, is closer in size to the actual prop.

Something that seems to get missed is that back in the late 1980s, a drink bottle like that was based on 500ml. In the following years, bottles grew out to 600ml and even 750ml. It seems that these re-releases were made on the larger 600ml size, not the 500ml size use in the movie.

All I can say now is BRING ON THE UHD version of these films. When Universal did the 25th anniversary BD release, the studio master was created from scanning the original 35mm print negative at 4K. So all they need to do is re-master for HDR and give us 2020 colour!!!

Do you ever miss owning those real 2011 MAGs?

Not at all. They were a depreciating asset. Any year now the batteries will be dead in all the real pairs and the only way to repair them will be to cut into them. Immediately ruining their value. Let alone the charge ports had almost the same issues as the V3's. I even had to shave down the charger plug on mine to get it to fit all the way into the shoe. The V3's are SO damn close to them that I am just happy to still have 3 pairs of those (all working).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back