Done! Quantum Leap Handlink from season 4

Long time no update.
Been switching all the electronics over from Raspberry Pi to standard Atmel mcu's. The Handlink circuit board should be done soon. While working on that, my engineering partner hinted to me about a dozen times how easy it would be to also make the Quantum Leap WristLink as a companion to the Handlink.
So he and I did.
Morgan built the PCB and wrote the software, while I fabricated the parts

Here is the pcb in the wristlink frame
https://www.facebook.com/replicapropscom/videos/1789851334371386/

And here are the prototype blocks I laser cut

The handlink is on track for a Feb'ish release. If no further gremlins pop up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Long time no update.
Been switching all the electronics over from Raspberry Pi to standard Atmel mcu's. The Handlink circuit board should be done soon. While working on that, my engineering partner hinted to me about a dozen times how easy it would be to also make the Quantum Leap WristLink as a companion to the Handlink.
So he and I did.
Morgan built the PCB and wrote the software, while I fabricated the parts

Here is the pcb in the wristlink frame
https://www.facebook.com/replicapropscom/videos/1789851334371386/

And here are the prototype blocks I laser cut
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVR1vGtWLv8

The handlink is on track for a Feb'ish release. If no further gremlins pop up.

Can’t wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of which, how’s the handlink coming along...?

Sean
Almost done. There was a major change to the electronics that pushed it back, but I think we got that whipped. The last iteration involved using a raspberry pi as the brains, but that proved to be a problem with battery power, and more importantly, boot up time.
So Morgan took a sledge hammer to that idea, and basically started with old school MCU programming. I've got the circuit board awaiting a parts breakdown from him and then that can go to pcb fabrication in China.
As you can see, in prototype its pretty messy, but once one the PCB it will be nice and clean.
23846619_1505631859527767_1259034138_o.jpg

I am so stoked for this. A QL handlink is one of my grail items and I seriously cant wait to own one.

Any updates on this? Looking forward to it!

Sean
The electronics are the last part. All the programming has been done, and the boot up time has been fixed to be almost instant. Just about everything is done, except the shock sensor. Right now we are kinda stuck on that. There are lots of options, but the best options take up precious realestate are are overly complicated. We intended on using simple sensors, but there were none that were in the goldilocks zone. As Morgan put it to me, "The sensors are either set off by a mouse fart or a nuclear blast". So we started looking at adjustable ones, and those are large.
On a side note, my family is getting our house ready to sell, as we need to relocate to AZ where my elderly father is going to moving in with us, so I have packed up all my "on the workbench" projects.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back