Rogue One Vader costume

Ahah, so these are the pic that you requested @Kroenen77 ^^
Capture d’écran 2017-03-26 à 22.39.37.pngCapture d’écran 2017-03-26 à 22.39.28.png

Asymmetry of the back of the helmet ;)

Capture d’écran 2017-03-26 à 22.39.20.pngCapture d’écran 2017-03-26 à 22.39.06.png

And we also noticed with Benjo that we can see light through the lower triangle of the mask (OT style) : Capture d’écran 2017-03-24 à 19.15.29.png

Capture d’écran 2017-03-26 à 22.39.06.png

Capture d’écran 2017-03-26 à 22.39.20.png

Capture d’écran 2017-03-26 à 22.39.28.png

Capture d’écran 2017-03-26 à 22.39.37.png

Capture d’écran 2017-03-24 à 19.15.29.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahah, so these are the pic that you requested @Kroenen77 ^^
View attachment 717040View attachment 717039]

So where exactly does that boarding ramp Vader is standing on connect to a hatch on the Tantive IV? The hatch the Rebels with the data tapes ran thru?

That main hatch should be on the side "rounds" of a Correllian Corvette. But the angles given in the film would suggest a rear hatch on the Engine bank!

Do we have another conspiracy here? LOL. Am I not looking at this right?

Last edited by a moderator:
So where exactly does that boarding ramp Vader is standing on connect to a hatch on the Tantive IV? The hatch the Rebels with the data tapes ran thru?

That main hatch should be on the side "rounds" of a Correllian Corvette. But the angles given in the film would suggest a rear hatch on the Engine bank!

There may be a problem here x) At least the last shot with the escape of the Tantive IV looks awesome.

I think the main difference that disturbs a lot of us is the size of the shoulders.
Look at those in ANH, he doesn't look that big.Vader ANH.pngVader Rogue One.png

You Vader guys crack me up! The nit pickings in this thread over things like how the cape flows, lenses are too red, or if the helmet fit is 2mms off when compared to ANH.

Stormtrooper fans have a real gripe. The egregious and heavy handed changes to the ANH armor in rogue one is unacceptable. Every single part has been changed.

At least Rogue One Vader largely passes for ANH! Can't say that about the troopers.

pot meet kettle ;)

I don't think that the Vader pants in A New Hope were slim-fit either. Vader looks fantastic in Rogue One and he's also of course super badass! :)

ABSOLUTELY Right! I think this is due to the fact that in this picture we are actually seeing Spencer Wilding in the suit rather than Daniel Naprous ( who played Vader in the scenes that ended up in the movie). Pue speculation but it would make sense!
I actually messaged Team Naprous on Facebook inquiring about Daniel Naprous' height and they replied back with 6' 5". Mr. Naprous is actually a horseback rider in real life.

- - - Updated - - -

ABSOLUTELY Right! I think this is due to the fact that in this picture we are actually seeing Spencer Wilding in the suit rather than Daniel Naprous ( who played Vader in the scenes that ended up in the movie). Pue speculation but it would make sense!
Are you sure that Daniel Naprous played Vader in the castle scene on Mustafar?

So is the consensus that they actually did CGI the inner robe over his chest armor? Do angry fanboys really make that much of an impact? Is Disney here now? Can we has more Darth Vader movies, plz?
I love it when Vader wears his tunic OVER his shoulder armor rather than underneath it, I think it makes him look more gothic, more priestly. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Is it me, or does the costume look better in those behind the scenes shots than it looked in the actual movie?
It's you trust me.

Part of me wishes they would've had the first appearance of Vader in R1 be the dark hallway scene (basically cutting out the whole Mustafar location.) We wouldn't get the kinda cool shot of Anakin in the bacta tank, but the actual conversation was somewhat redundant as far as I can remember, and the scene had the worst Vader costume visuals as well as IMO the worst James Earl Jones line delivery. I think most people would probably be happier as far as the Vader costume without the Mustafar bits. Would be a bit more unexpected when he appeared out of the darkness, too.

Thoughts?
The Vader's Castle scene on Mustafar is great and the line that Vader gives to Krennic about how, "There is no Death Star. The Senate has been informed that Jedha was destroyed in a mining disaster." very perfectly explains why Tarkin in A New Hope didn't talk about the Death Star firing before Episode IV. Both times that the Death Star fired in Rogue One was swept under the rug rather brilliantly. ;)

I have been thinking about that as well Kroenen! But I don't think it was. because the dome to facemask transition is fat more in line with ESB and ROTJ than ANH look at the first slot on the bridge of the nose between the eyes. In ANH and on the EFX helmets the widows peak ends right about that slot. The rogue one helmet's dome seems to be slightly slimmer than the ANH one. Regardig the widows peak on the RO helmet it is ends much higher and the eye sockets are completely visible. While in ANH they were partially visible. Furthermore the neck on the rogue one seems to be somewhere extended.View attachment 715429
I personally think that they modded an ESB as well. Here's a comp I did of an ESB helmet and then the same helmet with a small chin vent, a dull finish, and a widow's peak.
vadercomp.png

Has @DINVADER said, there is a short featurette about Darth Vader here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7ZHjiyUoWY
And here are some exclusive screen grabs ^^ :
View attachment 715831View attachment 715832View attachment 715833View attachment 715834View attachment 715835
It seems that there were plans to see Vader walking off his ship in the movie ... I hope we'll get a lot of cutscenes
Vader does have a grill in the triangular vent below his chin. In the castle scene on Mustafar that must've been light shining off the edge of the vent underneath his chin as he was talking to Krennic in that one shot.

So here are some HD screencaps from RO specifically the vader costume. Interesting note, in all of the scenes in the movie he has the robes over the chest/armour EXCEPT for right before the attack on the rebels at the end. It's in there. I ended up highlighting most of these for the details to pop. Enjoy guys!
View attachment 715132View attachment 715133View attachment 715134View attachment 715135View attachment 715137View attachment 715138View attachment 715142View attachment 715143View attachment 715140View attachment 715141
I now think that it was Daniel Naprous as Vader in the castle scene on Mustafar, then Spencer Wilding as Vader in the scenes on Vader's Star Destroyer The Devastator and then it was definitely Daniel as Vader during the rampage scene at the end of the movie but as far as who was in the Bacta Tank I believe that was a rubber mannequin.

I now think that it was Daniel Naprous as Vader in the castle scene on Mustafar, then Spencer Wilding as Vader in the scenes on Vader's Star Destroyer The Devastator and then it was definitely Daniel as Vader during the rampage scene at the end of the movie but as far as who was in the Bacta Tank I believe that was a rubber mannequin.

It was a rubber mannequin in the Bacta tank. You can see it in the Creature Featurette on YouTube. The mannequin is in a workshop while presenting a man running with the lower parts for some tests

Edit : here is the link of the featurette, and a screen cap ;)
https://youtu.be/P2N0Mn4i4Dw
b42f7bba328be6b0f1acafb20f2298a8.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back